Anyone dislike Kayano 15s? (Read 1651 times)

tomatolover

After reading this thread and grappling with my many points of odd ankle/calf/foot soreness, I canned my Kayanos early and picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires...Wow, What a difference a shoe makes...no pain, no wierdness, nothing.  I think I'm in love.
      I have to agree with the thread, the 14s were hands down the best shoe I've ever owned, for whatever reason, it worked out perfectly for me.  In fact, there's 900+ miles on them and I still wear them.  But when I tried on the 15s, they just felt weird, like it was a completely different show.  I'm an Asics lifer, so I made the switch to the 2140s, so far so good.  Time will tell I suppose.  I did enjoy Nimbuses (Nimbii?) at first, but they fell apart in around 300 miles. 
        I am on my last pair of 13's!!!  I stocked up on the 13's once I tried the 14's and HATED them.  I've been wearing Kayanos for years and to me the 14's were the worst.  I guess you can't please everyone!  I was hoping this last pair of 13's will last me until the 16's come out.

tomatolover

so I was checking the reviews on the Kayanos and came across this very informative blog from a podiatrist on the west coast...great info on the Kayanos and other shoes..

Dr. Shoe

http://drshoe.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/shoe-review-gel-kayano-15-vs-14/

After reading this thread and grappling with my many points of odd ankle/calf/foot soreness, I canned my Kayanos early and picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires...Wow, What a difference a shoe makes...no pain, no wierdness, nothing.  I think I'm in love.

I used to wear Kayanos as well...actually I think it may have been as far back as the 13s...when they 'upgraded' the line, I bought a new pair and from the first run out, something wasn't right.  I tried the Nimbus and didn't like those either (too little support for me, I think), and ended up with the Mizuno Wave Inspires as well....and wow, do I love them.  I agree with everyone else who thinks the Asics are just too clunky...I really like a lighter shoe but one that still has some support, and the Inspires absolutely fit the bill.

I also won a pair of Etonic Kendaris from a road race...I was skeptical since they're not really a well known running brand, but I was actually quite impressed.  They held up for 650 miles of marathon training, and while I was happy to go back to my lighter Inspires, I can't complain about the Etonics.  If you're dissatisfied by whatever you're running in now, its a moderate motion control shoe (and I think that's what the Kayano is?) that's worth a try...

runnerdj

im gonna stick with my new asics 2150 that i found at www.runningexpo.com only site in the country i found with them in stock early. if anybody loves them as much as i do check them out http://www.runningexpo.com/cart.php?m=search_results&search=2150&go.x=12&go.y=10&go=Go
              Darla1

I'm icing as I type.  I am NOT happy with the 15's and have pre-ordered the 16's.  But thought about trying the Mizuno Wave.  There are several different Mizuno Wave shoes.  Any suggestions? 
                raiderchick19

I have recently ran in the brooks trance, kayano15, adidas sequence 2 and the mizuno wave nirvana. To be honest i would have to say if you are looking for stability and cushion the adidas sequence 2 are awesome, and if you want lightweight but stability go with the mizunos because those to are very come. They were a bit snug but after I wore them a couple times my knees felt great. hope this helps!

tomatolover

update on the wave inspires:  I can't wear them-everytime i go out for a run in them I twist my ankle. (3 times now-each time setting me back a week)I've gone back to wearing the kayanos that have given me issues since it's better than sprained ankle...

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this one...

Got a pair of Mizuno Wave Nirvana's about a month ago.  Since then any ankle/achilles tendonitis or other pain I had down there has largely dissipated.  After a couple days my legs seemed to get used to the new feel and I've been feeling great.  I haven't run much outside due to being ill/bad weather recently so this is mostly treadmill mileage, but I've put in enough to know.

This is coming from someone who wore Asics for 20 years straight, including the Kayano 15's.  I wear a size 15 wide and weigh 190-95 so I definitely will test shoe durability.  The Nirvana's feel a little lighter and not as stiff in the back half of my foot (seems to be smoother transition from landing to taking off - Kayanos felt clunky in this part sometimes).