krispy kreme challenge (Read 1147 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

More obscure than my reference, methinks.

Ex runner

All business

They don't have one of those in my area either (that i know of). Voodoo Doughnuts has event, but it doesn't involve running. It's more of a stacking competition and is only for dudes (if you know what i mean). How 'bout it srlopez, you going to make the trip down here for that this spring?

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

My five mile PR in high school was attained after a competition to see who could drink 10 eight ounce containers of chocolate milk the fastest. The milk chugging contest ended so closely that it was ruled a tie, however my opponent had to leave very quickly to vomit and spend the afternoon in the nurse's office, making me the clear winner. Two and a half hours later, I killed the time trial at practice. There was a rough patch during the run where I thought something bad might happen, but it all turned out well in the end.
          any results for this?
          >>==C-C==> 2009 Goals 4:14.9 - Mile 15:59 - 5000 26:59 - 5 Mile 1:15:00 - 1/2
            just opened the link.....the results are posted..... 1443 people finished the challenge.......thats 18,000 donuts just for the people that ate the full dozen...not to mention the people who didnt get thru the full dozen This actually sounds more fun the the beer mile (i've run that) I thought about a 10K that you'd eat one donut every mile (there are a lot of donut shops around here) before you can contunue down the course
            rlemert

The following link contains pictures of the event taken by the local news media. http://www.wral.com/news/local/image_gallery/4491883/ If you go to the main page (www.wral.com), there's another link to a slideshow with pictures submitted by participants.