Opinions knee braces? (Read 441 times)

I recently started going to a physical therapist, who has mentioned that it might be a good idea for me to wear a knee brace on my long runs (well, when they actually get long). I almost bought one from CVS the other day since they had the adjustable kind, but chickened out on shelling out the $ for now. I've heard from three people that they found knee braces too annoying to wear when they run. Does anyone know of a comfortable brand? I need a full brace, not a patella strap.
    sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

I've often worn knee braces after injury, and they usually offer temporary relief from pain but should not become a long term solution. I prefer the athletic brands sold at sporting goods stores over the generic ones sold at CVS or Target. Sports Chalet, Sports Authority, and REI sell brands like McDavid, ProTec, etc. which are pretty comfortable and no more expensive than Target's. One tip though, is to try it on in the store to make sure it is a snug fit offering good compression. When I followed the fit information on the package I've wound up with a brace that is too loose and doesn't offer adequate support.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...