How hot is it where you are? (Read 877 times)

In mass its been 90-95 with high humidity and feels like 120 out because of it, NOTT racing weather thats for suree Dead
    PWL

Has been

I'm in Maine and it's been about the same here for the last three days. Supposed to be better tomorrow I guess...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

madness baby

It's in the low 70's here. I'm headed to Yellowstone tomorrow and it will be much hotter! I don't think I'll be doing any running with the altitude and heat. . .
        deb
          We're heading to NY today, near Corning (going to my parent's campground). The temps will be a little cooler, looks like it will be in the 70's all weekend so I'm hoping to get a lot of new territory miles in. I'll attempt to map a run and head out and see what I can find.

Michelle

We just had a few days of rain, so its back to about 78 with a little humidity.
              it's about 34 degrees celsius here in Singapore, which is about 93 fahrenheit. And humidity's above 90%. It will be like this all year round!! ah i love the tropical climate Wink

shonan marathon, girl

Japanese think their summers are so hot and humid, and I think ha! ha!, go to Vietnam, Singapore, or SE Asia to really experience high temps and humidity! In Japan, there is a rainy season from mid June to the end of July so temps are cooler, then after that about 1 to 1 1/5 months of real summer weather. I used to live in South Carolina and summers there were pretty bad, but not year long round like in Singapore. If you run, you have to do it during the early AM, here the sun comes up at 4am, or after it has cooled off around 5pm. We have no daylight savings time here in Japan.

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

I am going to be in South Carolina (Beaufort/HHI) next week for about 6-7 days. I'll be sure to do all my running in the early morning. I expect that it is going to be very hot and humid. It's been unusually nice in Toronto over the past few days, although this weekend is supposed to be a scorcher...
                    Japanese think their summers are so hot and humid, and I think ha! ha!, go to Vietnam, Singapore, or SE Asia to really experience high temps and humidity! In Japan, there is a rainy season from mid June to the end of July so temps are cooler, then after that about 1 to 1 1/5 months of real summer weather. I used to live in South Carolina and summers there were pretty bad, but not year long round like in Singapore. If you run, you have to do it during the early AM, here the sun comes up at 4am, or after it has cooled off around 5pm. We have no daylight savings time here in Japan.
                    yeap the temp is climbing up again after a brief rainy episode. i can't wait for the monsoon season in late november and december. running's gonna be super enjoyable then, well, not that it isnt now Wink
                      It was 116 when I did my Thursday run. Actually, it's been above 105 for every run the past couple of weeks. Yeah, I know--it's a dry heat. Whatever. It's still hot.
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        It was 116 when I did my Thursday run. Actually, it's been above 105 for every run the past couple of weeks. Yeah, I know--it's a dry heat. Whatever. It's still hot.
                        Damn, Pron8r, that is HOT! I hear ya on the "dry heat" thing, anything over 100 is hot no matter how you slice and dice it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

it's still chilly here. It was 67 this morning when I ran. I know it' in the 70's but I'm sitting here in a sweat shirt and yoga pants. I'm not going to complain. We'll get our 2 weeks of hot weather and then I'll be relieved when it passes! Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231