Favorite sunglasses? (Read 1362 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

At the moment, I use a polarized magnetic clip-on that go on my regular glasses. (Not quite as dorky as you think -- the clip is custom made for the glasses and looks good. And I'm so damn bitchin' I can make anything look good. Cool ) Anyhow, what was my point? Oh yeah. I recommend polarized lenses. Much better for glare reduction, particularly on the roads. And they're great for driving -- they almost completely reduce the reflection of the top of the dashboard in the windshield.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My legs are killing me

At the moment, I use a polarized magnetic clip-on that go on my regular glasses. (Not quite as dorky as you think
      Right now I have a mental picture of you with shorts pulled up to your belly and knee high black socks.
        Right now I have a mental picture of you with shorts pulled up to your belly and knee high black socks.
        C'mon, Jeff's an engineer, we know his socks don't match.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It could happen, except that they don't make knee-high tech socks. And I never run in non-technical fabric. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

NY wolve, Sick picture of Mess. Anyway, good topic. With the summer approaching, I'm in the market for a reliable pair.
            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I love Smiths. And always go polarized. Although, once we were rafting down the JohnDay river and my polarized glasses were able to cut through the murky water and I could see the HUGE carp that were swimming beneath us and I couldn't get into the water after that. They looked like winged pigs and I was so freaked out. Yucky, yucky, yuck! *shivers and hits post*
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

The Greatest of All Time

I bought a pair of Under Armour shades from Dick's for $120. They were great sunglasses, but I had to take them back because they moved on my head while I was running. I am now searching for a pair that will fit but stay in place. My favorite pair of all time was a pair of Oakley Zeros that I bought back in 1996. I had those for years and could run and cycle with them. They were very flexible and would not move when I was in motion. Damn dog ate them. I see that Oakley still makes a Zero but it looks different. http://oakley.com/pd/1233/2548 At Dick's most of their Oakleys are jackets or half jackets. They also have Nike shades too which appear to be decent so you might want to give them a look.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  +1 on the Native recommendation, especially with their lifetime warranty. I love my Native Ripp Pale Ale shades--got the most recent pair @ REI outlet. I work outside for the majority of the summer, and have found that the soft rubber nose grips and ventilation openings make them very comfortable. They stay in place and don't fog up.
                    My prescriptions glasses with transitions lens. Ages ago, I used Oakleys. I think mono-lenses are cool, but I don't believe they'd look right on me.

Vim