I'm In! (Read 938 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

OK, I did it...booked reward miles flight and entered the race. So, I'll be in Virginia on Sept 17th in my first ever 100K! It's called the Great Eastern Endurance Run and it's held in the George Washington National Forest starting in Waynesboro. I'm pretty nervous about it, as it's 10 miles longer than I've ever run before and it is in the mountains in Va. Oh well, had to tell someone! Lynn B Confused

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congrats and good luck! Should be a fantastic experience. Be sure and give us a report when all is said and done.
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

hey Lynn, I'm not sure if it's a good thing, or bad, but good for you for taking the first step to get back to the life of an ultramarathon runner. I wouldn't worry much about the 10 extra miles, because when you're running that much, it doesn't really matter anymore ;-) Keep us posted with your training!

Into the wild

Go Lynn... I'll be watching Smile All the best, Johnny

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

Well thanks, everyone! I will probably write up a report and take a few pictures along the course! Embarrassed

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Well???? How did you do? I'm dying to hear your story!!!