Hammer Products (Read 445 times)

A friend was recommending some products made by Hammer Nutrition, anyone familiar with their products? Bob http://bobrunner.blogspot.com

Runner

Lots will be. I have used their gels, heed, racecaps, and endurolytes. Gels are good especially since you can get big bottles and refill for cheap. Heed tastes like garbage to me but I like its results as far as feeling and ease on my stomach(I hear a lot of people have problems with it and their stomach). Racecaps. I like because it seems to help me recover after hard days. Endurolytes are a must for my long runs and summer training when electrolyte replacement needs to happen pronto. In short they have some good products and really good customer support and some informative articles if you buy directly from them. I think they have some gimmick type products as well.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Imminent Catastrophe

I've had good results with Perpetuem. I've carried a bottle of it (concentrated) in races and took a couple of swigs approaching aid stations then drank some aid station water to dilute it. Worked for me.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I actually really like Hammer Heed (in both flavors) and the Hammer Espresso gel which is caffeinated. Neither one bother my stomach. i use the Heed when I'm running in hot weather, sweating alot, and really need hydration and electrolytes.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.