Zeitgeist- some kind of analysis tool comparing Logs showing similar Loggers? (Read 665 times)

mk885

Just restarted running a few months ago and really enjoying- also particularly enjoy tracking runs on Runningahead and viewing the forums and then looking at some interesting posters' running logs...

Made me think of a feature on another site that I enjoy: zeitgeist on librarything- librarything enable you to log your library online and then see other people's collections...

I know that there are a few more complex datapoints in the running logs which would thus require some more thinking around how to aggregate but thought it would be fascinating to see things like:

runners covering similar miles

runners with most miles

maybe runners with same kind of workouts

runners with same equipment

other?

Wouldnt want it to be comeptitive but think it would be really interesting to find some consistencies and extremes...

Thoughts?

MK

Teresadfp

One day at a time

runners with similar "easy" pace

Some of the User Groups do this in a way.  The groups that have distance goals is the closest thing that comes to mind for me.  If you join the http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1500/ for example, you can see many of the logs of the people also in that group.

Is that kind of what you're looking for?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't you need to make your log public first?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

mk885,

This is something I would like to get to eventually.  It's just a matter of getting enough computing resources to compile the data to drive these reports.

eric :-)

"Beep, Beep!"

I wonder if you could have a "friends" list that would be a drop down that would easily allow you to view your friend's user log. It would be like using Browse User Log feature but only seeing those friends you "check off."

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!