Weekly Graphs (Read 391 times)

henryc

So I noticed that the oldest week is off by some amount when I try a weekly graph of either 3 or 6 months.  Haven't tried another time length.

1. Reports
    2. New Graph
    3. Default type
    4. X Axis == Calendar Week
    5. Date Range == Last 3 Months or Last 6 Months (only 2 I've tried, assume the same behavior)
    6. Activity == Run
    7. Workout Type == Any
    8. All other options default
    9. Click Graph

When I then compare the oldest week with the data, the oldest week is much smaller than the actual data.

eric :)

This behavior is normal.  The problem is that you have two time constraints: workouts are within the specified period (3 or 6 months) and group them by week.  The first week in the specified period may not be a full week, which is why the mileage is less.

henryc

Ok, I've thought about it some more and here's what I found.

When

First day of week: <select> <option selected="selected" value="0" />Sunday <option value="1" />Monday</select>

then a workout on the first Sunday is not included in the total for the first week in a Six Month Summary grouped weekly report.

If the first day of the week is set to Monday, then a Monday run would be included in that first week.

For instance, if I have a workout on 10/31/2010, that run is not included in the 6 month weekly total for the week of 10/31/2010.  If I set the First day of week to Monday AND create a workout for 11/1/2010, that Monday workout is included in the 11/1/2010 weekly total.  To me that seems inconsistent.