Attacked by 2 dobermans (Read 1199 times)

Good job getting away, but I'm pretty sure if they wanted to eat you, they would have. You should definately report it.

~Mike

I have a pit bull on my route that has sliped out several times and looked nasty ,but he stopped at the end of his lawn and didn't come closer.
      Reminds me of this dog that just has to be the best trained guard dog in the world. As I was approaching the house it started barking. The yard to this house had no fences. The dog charged off the porch right at me. As it got closer to me it jumped up in the air and I swear it was 5ft off the ground.I stopped dead in my tracks and thought dam this is it. Well it landed right in front of the sidewalk and just stood there and growled. I thought wow, there was noway I was crossing the sidewalk and into the yard. I backed away across the street and the dog walked backup to the porch. It was amazing.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Wait a minute... you knocked over a Doberman with an orange? Confused
        Man that's funny. That's exactly what I was thinking. I also have a "Sandlot" type dog I run past not far from my house. A giant slobbering Rott chained to a doghouse under a tree. I always expect one day he's gonna be loose and it'll be over for me. Sometimes I pick up a small stick or something that I could maybe stab his eye with or a rock I could throw at him. I'm 100% sure I couldn't knock him over with an orange.

Feeling the growl again

Good job getting away, but I'm pretty sure if they wanted to eat you, they would have. .
          Within reason. How you react to a dog has a lot to do with the outcome. A really really vicious dog might come in for the kill no matter what, but even one that really wants to take a piece out of you will take pause if you face it down.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Reminds me of this dog that just has to be the best trained guard dog in the world. As I was approaching the house it started barking. The yard to this house had no fences. The dog charged off the porch right at me. As it got closer to me it jumped up in the air and I swear it was 5ft off the ground.I stopped dead in my tracks and thought dam this is it. Well it landed right in front of the sidewalk and just stood there and growled. I thought wow, there was noway I was crossing the sidewalk and into the yard. I backed away across the street and the dog walked backup to the porch. It was amazing.
            The dog was likely trained with a collar that gave it a nice electric shock when I got close to the "invisible fence" at the edge of the ower's property. After a few shocks, just putting the collar on will send a message... I run past a house with two big dogs trained like this. Of course, you crap your pants first time because you don't know...

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Within reason. How you react to a dog has a lot to do with the outcome. A really really vicious dog might come in for the kill no matter what, but even one that really wants to take a piece out of you will take pause if you face it down.
              Agreed.

~Mike