My first 50 mile week (Read 817 times)

I’ve been increasing my mileage over the last couple months and have finally top 50 miles for a week. It wasn’t a goal because I could have topped 50 miles long before this but I reached it this week without much effort. I’ve increased my frequency to 6 runs a week which made this easier to achieve. The difference now is my ability to run 10+ miles on back to back days. I ran 15 miles this morning after running 10 miles yesterday and after the first mile or two I felt great. I was a little tired at 15 but I could have gone 20 and not been any worse off. I’m not sure that I want my miles to get much higher right now but I would like to keep it in the 40-50 range until I start getting ready for my next marathon in October.

Res firma mitescere nescit
    Running in Tampa

Another Passion

Nice job, Ribbie. 50 is HUGE! If you are able to keep up the 40 - 50 per week, you're gonna rock that marathon in the fall dude! Continued injury-free success in your training.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nice job!
          Great going, Ribbie! You've given me some numbers to shoot for!
            Holy guacamole! That's a ton! I just had my first 20 mile week and I'm walking around like a peacock. Hurray for you!!

Nice work!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)