Bridges to Brews 10K (Read 332 times)

Roses Revenge

Okay, so I did my first ever 10K yesterday. Well, first official 10K anyway. Just about perfect weather for me. Sunny and about 50 at the 9 AM start and didn't get too warm before I finished. I've been loosely following a C25K training plan when I've had time to train this spring and did pretty well with that in the race. I think I probably ended up running as much as I walked. For those familar with Portland, we started and finished at the Widmer Brewery in North Portland. The first mile or so was on city streets leading to the Fremont Bridge. We crossed the bridge on the south side of the lower deck so had a fantastic view of downtown. After the bridge, we wound around the northwest industrial area and back across the river on the Broadway Bridge. I do a lot of my summer training with Portland Fit in the NW area so that was familar ground for me. I came in 1156/1240 and 3/3 in age group. Once again, I was the oldest woman in the race. I ended up with a 13 something pace for the race and was happy with that. I'm just a little sore today, but I think that has more to do with sitting in a car all day Saturday and most of the afternoon yesterday than with the race. This gives me one 5K, one 10K, three half marathons and eight marathons in the last three years.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Congratulations on your first 10k! Interesting that you did marathons first! Yeah to no rules!!! Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.