Cloned Animals coming to dinner? (Read 809 times)

JakeKnight

Why are we as a society allowing this to happen even though most people I talk to think its wrong? Does anyone on here think it's prefectly acceptable and good that we are cloning things to eat? I hear lots of arguement against it, but I'm interested in the arguement for it. I want to hear another side.
    Or here's an idea: how about we don't? If you really want that "arguement," I can point you to roughly a billion other websites where you can have a ball with exactly this sort of thing. Does this site just HAVE to be like every other website? Here's an even crazier idea: how about we keep it friendly and stick to things that have something vaguely to do with running? For example: will a cloned cheeseburger make me slower? Now that might at least interest me. Here's your sign:

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

JakeKnight

I hear all that cloned food tastes the same anyways...
      We have a winner. Your check is in the mail.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

I wasn't actually wanting an "arguement." I guess I should have been more clear with the word discussion. This website is different from others because people are usually allowed to express themselves and their differences of opinions and ideas. I like hearing others opinions and find them very interesting and informative. Thats what my "question" is about. If you would not want to participate in the discussion, you don't have to read the thread. But I do think this is in relation to the health and nutrition of runners.
          In the US, we have already genetically selected (by choosing who to breed) produce and animals for the largest, least tasty, least healthful, longest shelf-life, most milk-producting, most eggs-laid per hour, etc. It is amazing to go to another country where a cucumber actually tastes like something other than water (and is not shiny and enormous), apples are not all bright and red and perfectly symmetrical, all produce in general is much smaller, looks like it actually grew on a tree rather than in a factory, and has much, much more flavor. (And it looks ugly. Until you get used to the fact that an orange is not meant to resemble the shape of a tennis ball.) And getting used to the fact that strawberries are only availble during strawberry season (which is just starting here, but is the summer in the US. Not Jan-December as our grocery stores would make you think!!!) I will also comment that fruits and veg's here are 3-4 times cheaper than in the US. It took me a while to realize that that pepper is 4 shekels (~$1), not 4 dollars. And apples are 2-3 shekels per pound, not 2-3 dollars. I will be looking into Trent's CSA this summer.