Garmin's MTA (Ant Agent) is crap (Read 2525 times)

Fing Ant Agent will not unpload my damn workouts. Transfer keeps failing. I'm sick as hell of the Garmin Ant Agent bullshit.

Yesterday I tried to update my wifes FR60's firmware. The update went to the Ant Agent, then I had to pair it about a half a dozen times to get it to load it onto her watch. It transferred 100% and said 0 remained, but stalled there for half an hour until I closed the Ant Agent. Now today, I couldn't upload any data from my watch because it kept prompting that it had a new version of firmware to upload to the FR60, although it had already been done.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I gave up on ANT.  It's takes too long and is too error prone (the transfer from the garmin to the ANT agent itself, not the importer into RA), it's faster and less trouble to just enter my workouts manually.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

bhearn

ANT is the one feature that makes me miss my 305.

I'm positive that I've had more failed uploads then successful ones with this damn Ant Agent. I was on a roll with about a weeks worth of good uploads and thought everything was fixed on Garmins end, but they disappoint once more.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I gave up on ANT.  It's takes too long and is too error prone (the transfer from the garmin to the ANT agent itself, not the importer into RA), it's faster and less trouble to just enter my workouts manually.

I may just give up and go that route too.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

ymmv

my 405's been working fine with ANT since, hmmm... about June 2008.

bhearn

I thought I finally had everything working smoothly with my 310, after much hair pulling and gnashing of teeth. Then yesterday, it claimed to upload my half-marathon data, but it doesn't show up in Garmin Training Center, and RA's upload says there is no new data. And the data is now gone from the 310. ??? If I didn't see my name in the official results I'd almost think I hallucinated running the race.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

ANT sticks are crap.  Garmin is not necessarily crap.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I hallucinated running the race.

Maybe you did. Did you feel tired and mentally confused about when you were supposedly "finishing the race" ?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

So is my 3rd generation iPod shuffle.  I have returned the all-in-one headphones 3 times (most recently today).  Apple continues to pay FedEx postage to and from my house plus the new headphones.  They would be better off giving me the 4th gen without the faulty headphones.  I hope the whiz kid who came up with those headphones is flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog s*!@ out of Hong Kong!

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)

No Talent Drips

405 cx w/ ANT has been slick. Data is all there in Garmin by the time I get in the house...after taking off my shoes in the mudroom. 

Dei Gratia

bhearn

I generally agree. But then, please explain this 1000-foot pit I seem to have run into and out of. Coincidentally (or not), this is right where UBC's particle accelerator is. Hmm.

#artbydmcbride

Its sucking up all of the protons!!  Nooooooo Shocked

Runners run

I'm pretty sure at this point that the crap is completely in the software, actually.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012