Bay to Breakers bans Alcohol, Floats, and Nudity (Read 1118 times)

flatland mountaineer

Reminds me of the "Nekud Pumpkin Run" incident in Boulder. Haven't heard the final outcome but participants in this year's annual late night Halloween streaking run were charged with being sex offenders and all that entails.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jpnairn

straw man

I haven't done this run since the '90s, and it sounds like things have gotten much worse for residents along the course. There should be some serious thought given to what to do about the problems, but this pronouncement will not have any positive effect. When drunken nudity is outlawed, only outlaws will... Oh, never mind. People will either ignore these "rules" or rebel against them. MTA: They could provide more portables and trash cans. It could be stressed to people that public urination is a crime, and they could arrest folks for that. They could sweep the neighborhoods on the Bay side of the City for straggling drunks a couple of hours after the start. Those are people who weren't really participating in the run anyway.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

Kings Canyon NP 07'

They should keep the nudity, floats and alcohol and ban the race.

left-right-left-right-repeat