Race HM and then rush to a graduation? (Read 76 times)

Seattle prattle

Okay, i figured out how to post a photo!

It was a marionberry pie supposedly baked at some high-end bakery in the area. The pie was great but i doubt i will do that race again because it was a downhill HM and I feel a little guilty about that. Maybe i just don't want to make it a habit.

You're right about store bought pies, for sure. I lucked out a couple of months back when i headed over to a nearby local race series they hold about every month. They had a left over pie and gave it to me while they were cleaning up. It was a store-bought pumpkin pie. Hell yeah, I'd take it! Come to think of it, I think i might have even semi-bandited the race: jumped in after the start and peeled off just before crossing the finish line. It's pretty low-key, run by a running club i now belong to for what that's worth.

Brilliant

Brilliant, all joking aside, glad that we could help in sorting that out.

I've always very much enjoyed the post-race vibe and it's not just a social thing. It helps me stay anchored to the whole running experience and probably has a lot to do with how committed I am to train through the coming days and months until the next race.

Good luck with it all.

Yes, I hadn't really thought about that!  I ran a 10k this morning and hung around waiting for results, eating the free food, talking to the other runners, etc.  I'm trying to imagine running a HM PR-effort and not being able to chill out before heading for my car.

Tomorrow in honor of this thread I'm going to get up early and run a hilly 13.1-ish miles before my daughter's college graduation. We have to be there at 10 and we're staying like a mile from campus so I'm confident I can pull this off, probably without even causing any undue angst for my wife.

I shall name it the Brilliant Half Marathon!

Oh I might join you in that!  12 miles was my plan for tomorrow.  But the Brilliant Virtual Half Marathon sounds like a fun event.