Scotland Run 10k NYC (Read 441 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Anyone running the NYRRC Scotland Run 10k tomorrow? I think the weather is going to suck (rainy and kinda cold) but I'm going to shoot for sub 40 and a PR anyway. My recent race times suggest I should be running around 38 or 39 min. Those calculators never seem to work for me but I guess we'll see. Anyway, if you're running it, look for me, bald head and yellow/black SBR race singlet somewhere around the starting line Cool

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

I'll be there. Unfortunately I won't start very close to the starting line nor will I finish in 38min. Have a great run. Go get that PR!
      meaghansketch

I'll be there. My slow self is hoping to beat 62:00, which is based on a 30:30 5K last month and assuming at least a little improvement. This is my first 10K race, so no matter what, it'll be a PR. Good luck with the PR and beating 40:00!
        meaghansketch

Any reports? My time was 1:00:13, which was quite a bit better than the 1:02:00 which was my goal pace, but man, do those thirteen seconds make me angry. Kind of peeved that my 9:50 pace from my last race still put me in the last corral. Shouldn't sub-10 minute pace not be in the same corral as the walkers and the people who jog a little bit and then stop on the course to wait for their friend to catch up with them? I will have to scan the NYRR's schedule to find another suitable 10K to run, either later this spring or else in the fall. I know that on my next attempt, barring anything unusual, I'll be able to break the one hour mark.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Well despite the cold constant rain and Central Park's hills I still ran a PR (39:54) and was in the video on their website twice (start & finish). Unfortunatly you can't see my Powerbar logos so I won't pick up any extra money but I was very happy with a strong finish. Man it was cold tho!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

meaghansketch

You're not kidding about the cold! Good job on the sub-40 and the PR! Hope for better weather next time around.
                Cold, windy and wet. Nice job on the PR and making the video.
                Worsel

it wasn't that cold. at least those ponchos things kept the rain off. i too ran a pr, 44:06, which i would have taken before the race but am clearly disappointed not to have broken 44 mins. meaghan - the healthy kidney 10k is in 5 weeks time.