Return to start from current location button (Read 357 times)

fortonr185

I can't seem to get this button to work when I'm mapping a new course.  I'm using an iMac with Safari.  Block pop-up windows is turned off.
    dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I've had the same problem since i started a few months ago.  I just put the arrows as close to each other as possible.  i would like a fix if there is one though.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The tool is designed to return back to the start once you have closed the loop.  Otherwise it would not know where to take you.  Are you closing the loop?

If I'm understanding Trent correctly ...

It does NOT function in a GPS-routing sense.  One should not expect it to route from the current point to the starting point.

It is NOT like the return-to-start feature in the Forerunner 305.  That is, it won't simply retrace your route back to start from wherever you are at the time.

It IS more of a "lollipop" course-routing tool.  You go out, you draw your loop, you close that loop, and then you tell it to route you back to Start (along the path you took out).

Yes?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.

Also, there is a separate button for out and back courses.

I learned something today. Thanks Trent.

(I overlooked and never used the out-and-back tool. I always used the return-to-start tool only, and made the extra point back onto the route. Dumbass!)

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka