New Year's Eve run (Read 788 times)

Bummer...there's nothing like this...that I can find anyways...in Boston. Undecided

2012: Just run.

I'm doing a tiny (50 people) marathon in Bellingham WA called The Last Chance Marathon tomorrow morning. Well, provided: 1. It doesn't snow 2. The impending wind storm pipes down a bit before the race starts (it is run on a trail under giant trees) 3. Tobias the Franken-wiener dog is still classified an inpatient
      Bellingham is such a beautiful area! Have a good race!
      xor

Oh, I was already there and back. I just did the half. The weather was great, actually. The trails were still icy. I saw one of the two lead females go splat. Just as an indicator of how low-key this event is, the other lead female stopped to wait. HA.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm taking part in a virtual 24 hour relay. My time slot is from 2:00-3:00am. I told some of my IRL friends and they all invited themselves and we're going to breakfast afterwards. It's gonna be awesome!
            Meg, I had signed up for the Resolution Run in Kelowna. a friend and I were supposedto do it together, but the roads here in the northern interior of B.C. are crap so I stayed home. Kelowna is a 6 hr drive from here(Quesnel) so no Resoultion Run for me. I am still goingto run just not with my friend. As for my New Year's Eve run, well my hubby will not brave the drunk drivers with me so we will run in the AM. Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe and have a great last night.

Old, Slow, Happy

I ran the Midnight Express in Whitehouse, Ohio. It started at 11:45 pm. I'm guessing there were about 350 runners. The over-all winner ran about 15:30. I finished 4th in my age group. It was a beautiful evening. I'd recommend it for anyone in the area next year.
                Managed to drag my hubby out for a short run at 10 pm last night. It was a beautiful clear starry night but the roads were quite slippery. We had a really nice run with little traffic. He appreciated the kick in the butt to get out the door and really liked being a crazy runner outside running at night. I think I will try and keep this tradition up every year from now on. It was so much fun. Maybe next year I can drag some other friends with me. Happy 2009 everyone.
                MrH

Did an easy 4 in just below freezing and wind chills down to single digits. Big grin With all my walrus blubber such conditions are nothing to me.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Oh, I was already there and back. I just did the half. The weather was great, actually. The trails were still icy. I saw one of the two lead females go splat. Just as an indicator of how low-key this event is, the other lead female stopped to wait. HA.
                    I was wondering where you went, I didn't see you after the turnaround. Yeah, Annie and Shawna ran together, chatting the entire time, just behind the leaders (Tony and Dave?). They made their move and passed the guys, winning in about 3:21

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Yeah, that was David Spooner. He's interesting because he had to stop at M10ish of the Seattle Marathon at the end of November with IT Band issues. One month later, he ran a 3:24... on the ice at Last Chance. He did beat tp! though. Ha.

That ice was teh suck, especially coming back on last lap. The legs were a little tired and it was hard to keep everything tracking properly. i should have took your advice and wore the trail shoes. Well, run and learn. I am glad i decided to stalk Van during the first out and back. I would have got completely lost had I not.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

, the other lead female stopped to wait.
                          That is just so wrong. Evil grin I ran a 5K at midnight and another at 10am this morning....still waiting on the results to see if I got the best combined time for the 2 events. On the other hand, I was noticeably slower on both 5Ks this year. grrr.
                          xor

Well, the other lead female was Annie Thiessen who had already won 8 marathons in 2008. (She was the 2nd overall finisher of either gender at Whidbey Island, in fact) She was just out having fun with her friend Shawna. Annie is the cover girl for the Seattle Marathon website (and in a more obscure fashion, the Haulin Aspen website too). What that picture doesn't show is that it was completely staged. When she finished "for real", she missed the tape. She had to circle back to run through it.