Country Music Marathon (Read 1322 times)

Think Whirled Peas

From today's Tennessean: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090218/FEATURES01/90218057/1004/FEATURES
    Gotta love the comments... arcaneenigma1908 wrote: Oh my goodness! this is so exciting! I am so glad I read this. I will now have to haul my 200# butt off the couch so I can train to run through the streets with a bunch of folks who have no life other than to run, sweat and look stupid! 2/18/2009 8:41:14 PM

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

bhearn

If it's a short sleeved shirt (as most Spring marathons are) black strikes me as an odd color choice. If you're wearing a short sleeved tech shirt, you're probably not looking to absorb as much heat from the sun as possible. And if you're going to put it on before sunrise or after sunset, it's not going to do wonders for your visibility. If I'm buying a black or navy tech shirt, it's got long sleeves.
      For me, there's a narrow temperature range where I'd wear a short-sleeved shirt anyway, maybe low 50s to high 50s. Below that, long sleeved, above that, singlet. And in that range the color doesn't matter -- if I'm worried about getting too hot I'll wear a singlet. (That's for training, of course; for racing I'll wear a singlet down to high 30s.) The California International Marathon shirt last year (December!) was a black short-sleeved tech shirt, and for some reason I find I've worn it a lot.
      xor

Tacoma's shirt last year was black shortsleeves too. And I have one from Victoria, but I think I bought it because the race 'shirt' that year was a HORRIBLE putty poofy sweatshirt. Anyway, I'd prefer a black one over a white one. Have fun at CMM, y'all.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Buffalo Gal I was not at SA but have done some of the other Elite races and by far CMM has the logistics and organization wrapped up in comparison to the ones I have ran. Nashville is one of my favorite cities and running marathons is my favorite past time so the combo is almost unbeatable.
          I wasn't too bugged by the logistics, because we (running partner and I) got into the corrals in time and we were pretty relaxed, but one of our group is now Elite-adverse. I actually thought the start was better than the Detroit Marathon and it was half as big. We are REALLY looking forward to this race (Nashville) - we have a great group going, everyone is training pretty well. The Elite-adverse bunch will be back with us at Sunburst which is, thankfully, smaller.
          March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
            I will be there. 3rd marathon but first with such a large crowd and wave starts.
            bhearn

I'm in! At least, I'm planning on it. But I'm running Boston 5 days earlier. If I don't make my < 3 goal at boston, i'll probably skip cmm and retarget my goal race for eugene or newport. anyway i'll be in nashville. if i'm not running, i'll be out cheering. 3="" goal="" at="" boston,="" i'll="" probably="" skip="" cmm="" and="" retarget="" my="" goal="" race="" for="" eugene="" or="" newport.="" anyway="" i'll="" be="" in="" nashville.="" if="" i'm="" not="" running,="" i'll="" be="" out=""></ 3 goal at boston, i'll probably skip cmm and retarget my goal race for eugene or newport. anyway i'll be in nashville. if i'm not running, i'll be out cheering.>
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm in! At least, I'm planning on it. But I'm running Boston 5 days earlier. If I don't make my < 3="" goal="" at="" boston,="" i'll="" probably="" skip="" cmm="" and="" retarget="" my="" goal="" race="" for="" eugene="" or="" newport.="" anyway="" i'll="" be="" in="" nashville.="" if="" i'm="" not="" running,="" i'll="" be="" out="" />
                You can always jog the half with your full CMM bib. Come on down! And good luck in Boston!!
                  I'll be there. I am just house hunting though.

My dogs are fast, not me

I'll be there for the half again this year. Probably in coral 25. Blush

Robin

I'm in! At least, I'm planning on it. But I'm running Boston 5 days earlier. If I don't make my < 3="" goal="" at="" boston,="" i'll="" probably="" skip="" cmm="" and="" retarget="" my="" goal="" race="" for="" eugene="" or="" newport.="" anyway="" i'll="" be="" in="" nashville.="" if="" i'm="" not="" running,="" i'll="" be="" out="" />
                      I will be in Nashville then a week later I will be in Eugene. See you there I hope.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll be there. I am just house hunting though.
                        Moving to town?
                        bhearn

I will be in Nashville then a week later I will be in Eugene. See you there I hope.
                          Last year I ran CMM then Eugene. I might again this year, but if I do run the next weekend, I think it will likely be Vancouver -- I live in Vancouver, but have never run the marathon.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am registered for CMM, then plan to run Strolling Jim the next week. Bell Buckle, TN is much closer than Eugene is to Nashville...of course, Strolling Jim is a hot, hilly ultra...
                              We are moving hopefully mid-July. At this point I am actually shopping schools and a couple of houses if I like the schools.
                                I am registered for CMM, then plan to run Strolling Jim the next week. Bell Buckle, TN is much closer than Eugene is to Nashville...of course, Strolling Jim is a hot, hilly ultra...
                                I looked into that one early on but oddly enough got the okay from my wife to hit Eugene when she said no to the other. Go figure.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett