Country Music Marathon (Read 1322 times)

The Thunder

You can always jog the half with your full CMM bib. Come on down! And good luck in Boston!!
    There's also a great, little known, 20 mile race at CMM. It's a fun course. Trent, any word on the route changes yet?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I emailed the race yesterday about the changes. No word yet. Just got this:
      Thank you for your email, Trent. Yes, there have been some changes to the course for the Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon. The details should be posted on the race website, http://www.cmmarathon.com by mid next week. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. Have a great day!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

bhearn

It doesn't look that different to me. What changed? Looks like maybe the first turn is farther out, and the southern part is shortened?
          It doesn't look that different to me. What changed? Looks like maybe the first turn is farther out, and the southern part is shortened?
          Yeah, looks like instead of 12th avenue, it goes to 4th, which basically sucks because it then means that there's now a much bigger hill to come up Demonbreun. Then, past Belmont, it turns onto Clifton and instead of going to Leeland, it turns the street before at Granny White. Looks like that is the only difference.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

CMHM now - - goes down Broadway to 4th instead of 12th - turns back on Granny White - does not loop the entire Farmer's Market CMM now - - goes down Broadway to 4th instead of 12th - turns back on Granny White - at Metro Center, stays along the river longer, comes back on Athens way instead of Great Circle - at Shelby, does not loop around the lake
            bhearn

CMM now - - at Shelby, does not loop around the lake
              Huh. The loop around the lake seemed to be the whole point of that excursion. The out and back itself is interminable and lonely.
                I should really go ahead and register. Anyone else getting itchy to run more in taper time?
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am tired and my legs still a bit beat. A long needed taper.
                    Trent, your log is looking good. Honestly, if I see a curly headed guy run by me I might come tackle you so you don't beat me.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks Big grin I had a couple down weeks in early March due to the bug, but pulled it back together. 2 weeks more to recover from training...
                      bhearn

I should really go ahead and register. Anyone else getting itchy to run more in taper time?
                        The annoying thing is, online registration closes on the 19th -- and Boston is the 20th. I never know whether I'm going to run CMM until I see how Boston goes.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have not had that problem Wink
                            This will be my first ever half marathon. I read on another post that a lot of places ban iPods... is this one of them? I've looked on their website but couldn't find anything about it.

Why is it sideways?

This will be my first ever half marathon. I read on another post that a lot of places ban iPods... is this one of them? I've looked on their website but couldn't find anything about it.
                              You'll be good to go. They may be banned technically, but in a race with 30,000 people I doubt there will be any enforcement.