Todays 5k xc race (Read 429 times)

H RIMZ

today was the first race of the xc season. i didnt do very well, infact i did pretty terrible. I had 19:39 which is pretty tragic. i was running with a new pair of xc spikes, the Saucony XC shay spikes the place i bought them from told me i could wear no sox in them and boy .... was that a mistake. i have three blisters and nothing to show for it. that im aware of the shoes do fit but i think i might wear sox sometimes. so yea a dismal start to my senior xc season.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

I almost always go with socks, preferably thin ones that wick moisture really well. The only shoes I never wear socks with are my Vibram 5-Fingers. Hopefully you can come back next week with happier news after a better performance. The first race of the season doesn't mean very much; the important thing is to come on strong at the end of the season when it matters. Use it as a learning experience.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Ham & Egger

In a world long ago, I had a HS XC season that started in 19:30 and ended in the hi 16s on the same course. Be patient...we all have our bad races.
        www.tuscaloosarunner.blogspot.com

H RIMZ

"Hopefully you can come back next week with happier news after a better performance" Yea well i have 3 meet next week so hopefully i can pull something together for then, and im probably hunna wear sox.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009