Asics 2140 compare to Nimbus and Cummulus (Read 1840 times)

I have 475 on my current pair of Wave Riders and want to relegate them to treadmill runs. So I will replace them for my regular outdoor running with a pair of Asics. The Mizuno's were an experiement away from my normal Nimbus or Cummulus. The Mizuno's were OK,, I'm satisfied, but I want to get back to Asics.

I can't find a bargain last years's model Nimbus or Cummuls, but saw a bunch in my size of the GT-2140. (2150 is now current model).

I see that the 21XX series are classified as Stability and I usually get a neutral shoe. 

Any experiences with the 2140,, especially from anyone who ususally goes with a neutral shoe.

Thanks 

an amazing likeness

The Nimbus is my daily shoe, and I went to Nimbus a while ago moving away from the GT21xx.  But until recently I've been rotating between Nimbus, Cumulus and GT21xx at the same time.

In the end, I went away from this rotation.  Cumulus are too soft and mushy, so I dropped them first.  Then I really didn't like the GT2130 so dropped as they wore out.

Compared to the Nimbus, I didn't feel all that much stability motion control in the GT2130.  It has a lower heel and is less cushioned in the forefoot.  Until my recent injury, I did about 80% of miles in Nimbus and 20% in GT2130, preferring the GT21xx on rougher surfaces, in snow or rain  - it is more responsive with less heel, easier to "drive" than the Nimbus.  (if that makes any sense...probably not...)

Overall as a neutral cushion runner, I didn't find the amount of stability in past GT21xx models to be noticeable or objectionable.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks for the informed review. I might give the GT's a try,,, I'll check another Sports Authority down the road,, would love to find some Nimbus 10's left on the shelf. I like saving the $30.

she runs like a girl

I have had nimbus 9s, 10s & 11s as well as culumlus 9s and 10s

I rotate between the nimbus and cumulus on an almost daily basis and love both of them! I have also worn asics stability shoes and found that they give me very sore arches Sad

To me, the nimbus and cumulus models have been worth the extra cash to make sure what you're getting is good!

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

The Asics gave me sore arches, too!  I had to give them up.

You Are Beautiful.

I have also worn asics stability shoes and found that they give me very sore arches

Tell me more about this!

I have just developed a strange arch quandary, it's like a chafing, but nothing touches my arch..? It might be from my running shoes?

How did it first present? I'm wearing the 2130s with PowerSox.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

what are lions?

i've worn cumulus (each new version) for ~8 years now. it's one of the few options i've found that works ok for toe strikers/supinators like me. only complaint has been the narrow toe-box, which seems to be a common gripe w/this shoe. i did try the nimbus- courtesy of 'road runner sports' (they have a nice return policy if you're not happy). i found those to be really inflexible, and just too tight all around.  no experience w/2140's as they weren't recommended for me.

I have 475 on my current pair of Wave Riders and want to relegate them to treadmill runs. So I will replace them for my regular outdoor running with a pair of Asics. The Mizuno's were an experiement away from my normal Nimbus or Cummulus. The Mizuno's were OK,, I'm satisfied, but I want to get back to Asics.

I can't find a bargain last years's model Nimbus or Cummuls, but saw a bunch in my size of the GT-2140. (2150 is now current model).

I see that the 21XX series are classified as Stability and I usually get a neutral shoe. 

Any experiences with the 2140,, especially from anyone who ususally goes with a neutral shoe.

Thanks 

Check out one of the local specialty shops for a Landreth.  It's built on the same last (foam mold) as the 21__ series, but it doesn't have a medial post (the part of the 21's that make it stability) This shoe would feel the same as the GT-2150, but be more biomechanically conducive to your running if you should be wearing the Nimbus/Cumulous.

Thanks for the informed review. I might give the GT's a try,,, I'll check another Sports Authority down the road,, would love to find some Nimbus 10's left on the shelf. I like saving the $30.

I like to get that same deal at Sports Authority.  The old model Nimbus, if you can find it is like $80 or $90 rather than $120+ for the current model.  I have found a better place to find them, though.  Give Foot Locker a try.  On their website near the top of the front page they often have promotional deals.  The last two pairs I bought for like $75 SHIPPED!.......that was with their 25% promotional deal/code.  Take a look.......

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.