Multiple equipment for one workout. (Read 802 times)

lostinacrowd

I want to list my Yaktrax in equipment so I can track the amount of miles I've used them.

I can't list 2 items at once though like the Yaktrax at the same time as my running shoes. That's lame...

A Saucy Wench

lame? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Create a new equipment which is "shoes + yaktrax".

mta: "lame"...come on...realistically, how many folks want to have something other than a 1:1 for workout:equipment...

mta #2: apparently lots of folks do...how lame could I be..

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have the same problem tracking which pair of gloves I wear.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And I don't move my shoelaces around between shoes to even them out, because of this.

A Saucy Wench

Create a new equipment which is "shoes + yaktrax".

mta: "lame"...come on...realistically, how many folks want to have something other than a 1:1 for workout:equipment...

Well sportsbras come to mind.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Yes, yes...I think about them often.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes, yes...I think about them often.

Would you be interested in a way to track them? In realtime?

I'm only thinking of convenience here.

lostinacrowd

I'm sure plenty of people wish you could do this. It wouldn't be hard to add a second item...

I was thinking it'd be cool to track how many mile I put on my HR monitor too. See how much I actually used it.
                        Adding an item called shoes + yaktrax is crazy. Then i have to add up the miles later and the shoes only record isn't accurate until I do.

Yes lame.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1:1.

Heh.

TJoseph

But is the information useful?  You are probably going to use the Yaktrax until they break and not retire them at a certain amount of miles.  I track my shoe mileage because I start having knee problems after about 500 miles on the shoes.  If I retire the shoes before the knee starts hurting, I can avoid an injury.  I don't track the miles on my socks because I can look at them and tell if they are worn out.

A Saucy Wench

I'm sure plenty of people wish you could do this. It wouldn't be hard to add a second item...

I was thinking it'd be cool to track how many mile I put on my HR monitor too. See how much I actually used it.
                              Adding an item called shoes + yaktrax is crazy. Then i have to add up the miles later and the shoes only record isn't accurate until I do.

Yes lame.

If it is so lame you are welcome to find a better site.  Good luck with that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Be nice Ennay.  He is offering suggestions that might improve this site.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought it was silly at first, but now that you explain it patiently, I do kind of appreciate the idea.

(But calling the limitation "lame" may be read by some people as an insult -- that's something that happens with BB or forum style discussions -- criticism can be taken as insulting, because there are no voice cues, and readers are required  to guess intent. So you may get better reception if you try to use more conservative/diplomatic wording.)

A Saucy Wench

Be nice Ennay.  He is offering suggestions that might improve this site.

Offering suggestions is fine.  Calling the site lame for not being psychic and foreseeing his wishes is quite another.

In the meantime a more viable workaround would be to make a run type called yaktrak.  Because are you really doing sprints on your yaks?  Then you have accurate shoe data and you can create a report to sum up all your yaktrak runs and get accurate yak data.  Unless you are rotating several pairs of yaks.