OKC Memorial Marathon (Read 458 times)

I'm running my first half marathon Oct. 4. After that, I will make the decision as to whether or not to run a full. If I do, I've pretty much already decided on OKC. We were in town for a concert last year and caught the tail end of the activities, and I loved the atmosphere. The timing is good--6 months to train after my half. It's only 3.5 hours from home. Plus we love OKC, so another reason to go spend some time there. If you have run this one, what did you like/not like about it?
    xor

It's very well organized. It has a very powerful theme. This goes both ways. It is deep and meaningful. To some, though, it can be a bit distracting and a downer come race time (I'm being the messenger on this one; I don't personally feel this way). Be ready to be moved. I thought it was a nice tour of the city. Then again, it's OKC so ymmv regarding whether you think it is "pretty" or "cool". I'm thinking about doing it next year. I won't know for a few months.

Hey, nice marmot!

Never done it myself, but there are lots of reviews here: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1538080427 Most people seemed to have enjoyed it.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Non ducor, duco.

e. Plus we love OKC, so another reason to go spend some time there.
          Someone loves OKC? Wow.
            Someone loves OKC? Wow.
            Actually, yeah. We like it a lot.
              It's very well organized. It has a very powerful theme. This goes both ways. It is deep and meaningful. To some, though, it can be a bit distracting and a downer come race time (I'm being the messenger on this one; I don't personally feel this way). Be ready to be moved. I thought it was a nice tour of the city. Then again, it's OKC so ymmv regarding whether you think it is "pretty" or "cool". I'm thinking about doing it next year. I won't know for a few months.
              Thanks for that.
              xor

Where in Texas do you live? I grew up in Lubbock, Brownwood, and Irving. Then I went to Tech, then A&M. Then I lived in San Antonio. My parents live in Coppell.

My grandparents lived in Brownwood and Early. I was born in Dallas, lived there till I was 4, then Abilene till I was 8. Then we moved to Canyon and I finished growing up there. I live in Amarillo now.