Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K - TEAM - APRIL 19th 2008 (Read 992 times)

UPDATES: Any other Dallas Fort Worth runners interested? Please email me by April 3rd. We currently have 5 runners. Bonkin Bonkin's Work Bud Derek modal tschepsit If you can hard commit (or enough to pay your entrance fee) to this event, please email the requested information spelled out below (first Name, last name, etc). I'll send you email with a mailing address to send your check/MO. email: *************************************************************** What? I am looking at setting up a team for the 2008 Fort Worth Zoo 10K timed race on Saturday April 19 at 7am. Official Zoo Run 2008 Information I tried setting up a team last year but didn’t really plan in well enough in advance. Benefit of having a team? -We’ll all save 2 bucks and change (I’ll cover the active.com tiny service fee) -We get to promote runningahead.com and who knows we might get some new people to try this site we like. I am assuming we all like this site ;-). I haven’t checked, but is there a runningaheaders refuge spot over at coolrunning? -Possibly win an award if we have the largest team... Goodies -Free Zoo Ticket (Good till Dec 31, 2008!) -T-Shirt What I am looking for We need at least 5 people for a team. If you want to participate in the team, post on this thread that you’re in. Once I see 5 people saying they are in, I’ll post up an email where I can gather everyone’s entry information. I’ll make Thursday April 3rd the deadline. If you have a zoo member id, you get an additional $2 discount, but I’ll need your member number. Packet Pickup Race Day Payment I will take cash (US Dollars) or personal checks at the race. Things I will need from you. First Name Last Name Gender Birth Date Email Day Phone Address City State Zip Zoo Member ID# if you have one. Shirt Size (Note XXL is $2 more) PLEASE NO SOCIAL SECURITY or DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBERS

Vim

Burninated Peasant

I'm in if you need me to get to 5. Otherwise, I'm going to fence-sit for a couple weeks and see how my knee is doing.
        I'm in. And thanks for taking the lead, Modal!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

derek

I'm in. Once you get organized, I would rather mail you a check for the fee than wait for race-day just in case I forget and also, I don't like owing people money :-)

Derek

Len

Damn Yankee

Pencil me in, pending approval from my boss. I'll ask her when I get home from work.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Another Passion

I’ll need your member number. People who are in Bonkin derek Len (in Pencil) modal tschepsit (if needed)
              Guys, don't forget to give Modal your member number. Hehe. That made me chuckle. Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Len

Damn Yankee

I have a couple of scheduling issues, but I'm closer to definite. Is everyone going to have an RA shirt? This is a very cool idea, I'd be a lock if it weren't for the fact that I live 3 hours away.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I have a couple of scheduling issues, but I'm closer to definite. Is everyone going to have an RA shirt? This is a very cool idea, I'd be a lock if it weren't for the fact that I live 3 hours away.
                  Good luck with the scheduling issues, Len. I will wear my RA shirt - sounds like a good team name too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

derek

*Bump* Any other DFW runners interested?

Derek

Guys, don't forget to give Modal your member number. Hehe. That made me chuckle. Big grin
                      It'll be a big member number Rick, ya know, Texas sized. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast, try to sorta stay out of trouble.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Burninated Peasant

I'm feeling pretty confident now that I'll be able to do this one (slowly).
                          Maybe pace set for me then? Anyone else in Texas, USA, North America, or World interested in running this?

Vim

Maybe pace set for me then? Anyone else in Texas, USA, North America, or World interested in running this?
                            I'd like to but my wife is making me abide by the promise I made at the start of the year, 1 race a month. I'm already signed up forthe Big D marathon on April 6 and the White Rock n Roll 5 mile on May 3. I'll keep working on her, maybe I'll tell her that I meant 'average' 1 race a month.

Burninated Peasant

Maybe, what pace are you looking for?
                                Probably a little under 8. Hopefully, this will be possible by then. Here lately, I haven't even really been able to hold 9-10 min/mile. My body is sore.

Vim