Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K - TEAM - APRIL 19th 2008 (Read 992 times)

Len

Damn Yankee

I've gotta be honest, this is gonna be a stretch for me. Right now, I'm looking at having to get up and drive a few hours to get to the race, then drive home. A Friday night issue is proving extremely difficult to resolve. I really want to run this race as part of an RA team, so I don't intend to give up yet.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Burninated Peasant

Probably a little under 8. Hopefully, this will be possible by then. Here lately, I haven't even really been able to hold 9-10 min/mile. My body is sore.
      Sounds good to me. I was thinking 45 minutes or so, just to be sure I'm not pushing it, but I can go slower if needed.
      derek

If you can hard commit (or hard enough to pay your entrance fee) to this event, please email the requested information spelled out below (first Name, last name, etc). I'll send you email with a mailing address to send your check/MO. email:
        Just sent you an email with my info. I'm definitely in. Since I only recently got a good training rhythm going, I don't expect anything spectacular. It'll probably just be a training run for me.

Derek

Just sent you an email with my info. I'm definitely in. Since I only recently got a good training rhythm going, I don't expect anything spectacular. It'll probably just be a training run for me.
          Cool, we have 4 people right now.

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

I'm not going to be able to make it. I can't get out of my Friday night commitment, and 6 hours of driving on Saturday is just too much for a 10k race; I'm sorry guys.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Cool, we have 4 people right now.
              Sweet. You got Richard's info then? Len - no worries, dude. I wouldn't want to drive that far for a 10K either. El Scorcho in July, though? That's a different story. Smile

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'm not going to be able to make it. I can't get out of my Friday night commitment, and 6 hours of driving on Saturday is just too much for a 10k race; I'm sorry guys.
                Dude, you can always bike over here. Big grin (When you setting up a race in East, Tx?)
                Sweet. You got Richard's info then?
                Word. We need one more person to send me their information.
                El Scorcho in July, though? That's a different story. Smile
                Yeah, Len you need to sign up for that one, but be forewarned it might mess your sleep schedule up!

Vim

Burninated Peasant

I just sent my info. I haven't picked up our zoo membership yet, but I'll try to get that done soon.
                  Len

Damn Yankee

Dude, you can always bike over here. Big grin (When you setting up a race in East, Tx?) Yeah, Len you need to sign up for that one, but be forewarned it might mess your sleep schedule up!
                    I just registered for El Scorcho 25k.

I just registered for El Scorcho 25k.
                      Yeah. Cool This will be your longest run you've signed up for, correct?

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Yep, longest race I've entered- in July- at midnight. I'm a moron.

Burninated Peasant

I just now noticed that they changed the 10k course - it loops around the neighborhood south of the zoo and then cuts straight up University and comes back along the river. Last year we ran through the neighborhoods south of Colonial, which was pretty nice. It doesn't really matter much, but I'm going to guess they won't shut University down entirely, so we'll be breathing exhaust fumes while running on concrete for most of mile 5. Still targetting 8:00/mi, modal?
                            Still targetting 8:00/mi, modal?
                            I would like to push for an 8min/mile. We'll see though. I also noticed the track change.
                            Last year we ran through the neighborhoods south of Colonial, which was pretty nice.
                            Yep. All that area is nice. I guess we were too much of a disturbance last time. Big grin

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Good luck fellas, waiting on a report.

Len

Damn Yankee

Y'all aren't still running are you? Shocked