Those who haven't made their training logs public (Read 1624 times)

JimR

Why not? I like perusing the logs of others, especially the folks who are faster than me. I wanna see what they're doing.
    rlemert

The "anti-social" answer would be "what's in it for me?" The 'technical" answer is that after getting "singed" by the CoolRunning debacle (I got my data downloaded, but it's still in the Excel format) I decided not to trust any on-line log site. I now keep my log locally, so I don't have anything here to "open to the public".
        My logs aren't kept online anymore either. I needed a few specific features I couldn't find in any online log. The forums are still great though Smile
          Thanks for the reminder! I've got to go download mine. I haven't done it in months and I'd cry if I lost my data. It's that important (to me only).
            Why not? I like perusing the logs of others, especially the folks who are faster than me. I wanna see what they're doing.
            Well, you might consider adding some context by putting up your age/stats in your profile. Age is relative - and relevant. I am a log peruser, too. Peruser ... a much nicer term than stalker.
            JakeKnight

Peruser ... a much less accurate term than stalker.
              Fixed it for you. This is a comet topic fo sho. Sorry. Just wanted to say "comet topic." It should be passing close to Earth again in approximately 4 weeks, unless its orbit has altered recently.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

JakeKnight

The "anti-social" answer would be "what's in it for me?" The 'technical" answer is that after getting "singed" by the CoolRunning debacle (I got my data downloaded, but it's still in the Excel format) I decided not to trust any on-line log site. I now keep my log locally, so I don't have anything here to "open to the public".
                What? You can't run without shiny colored bars.

Cause I CAN

Cuz I don't keep an internet log...its all on my computer
                  Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                  http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                    Fixed it for you. This is a comet topic fo sho. Sorry. Just wanted to say "comet topic." It should be passing close to Earth again in approximately 4 weeks, unless its orbit has altered recently.
                    what the heck is a comet topic? (and I don't play that GETM thing)
                    xor

Ha. A comet topic is a topic which recurs (re-occurs?) every so often. Then it goes away for awhile... only to return some period later as if it was never discussed before. Most comet topics are contentious. And like real comets in the middle ages, the return of a comet topic can strike fear in certain members of the community. (I coined the term over on coolrunning and unintentionally imported it here for the 'running in a cemetEry' thread)

what the heck is a comet topic?
                        Gosh, this whole "comet topic" thing keeps coming up again and again. . . . . Big grin

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Ha. A comet topic is a topic which recurs (re-occurs?) every so often. Then it goes away for awhile... only to return some period later as if it was never discussed before. Most comet topics are contentious. And like real comets in the middle ages, the return of a comet topic can strike fear in certain members of the community. (I coined the term over on coolrunning and unintentionally imported it here for the 'running in a cemetEry' thread)
                          Ah. Thanks. Recurs is correct, I believe. So, it's like: * I ran a X race and my Garmin recorded Y ... * How much should I drink during ... Though, I suppose those examples appear with more frequency.
                          JakeKnight

Ah. Thanks. Recurs is correct, I believe. So, it's like: * I ran a X race and my Garmin recorded Y ... * How much should I drink during ... Though, I suppose those examples appear with more frequency.
                            Exactly. In other words, 95% of the threads are comet topics. Ironically, the dead guys in the cemetery thread was a new one by me. So I guess its a comet topic that just hadn't swung by our particular planet yet. Or something.

Cuz I don't keep an internet log...its all on my computer
                              As long as you have offsite backup that's OK, if not it's scary. If your drive crashes your data is gone. It's actually easier to keep your data on RunningAHEAD then export your log to keep a local copy. He who has backup laughs last.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

Exactly. In other words, 95% of the threads are comet topics.
                                Not really. Most threads aren't contentious. The term started for the ones that got people all worked up. And then some time later, people would get all worked up again. "Is it ok to bandit Boston?"