Look what I found today... (Read 941 times)

Creepy isn't it? Big grin It's living in some Butterfly Bushes behind my house.

Michelle

Scout7

Ew, nasty. What is it?
        Ew, nasty. What is it?
        Hey, no responding to pictures that you can't see! IF you could see it you would see a CREEPY spider. Tongue

Michelle

t_runner

Second the ewww! From the subject, I was hoping for cute kittens or something like Trishie found on her run a few weeks back... Getting over my initial shudder.. he is a pretty interesting looking spider. How big?
            Second the ewww! From the subject, I was hoping for cute kittens or something like Trishie found on her run a few weeks back... Getting over my initial shudder.. he is a pretty interesting looking spider. How big?
            Big grin Sorry. I once posted about bunnies I found in my backyard, did you see those? Is this better? Smile The spider is only about 3 inches big, but he's a tough guy, didn't budge AT ALL no matter what I did (without actually touching him that is). There were bigger and creepier spiders in the corner of the yard in the dirt box. As I was turning over the dirt they kept running out. It was probably a funny sight, me shoveling and then all of a sudden dropping the shovel and jumping back and doing that "I'm freaked out hand waving thing". And I usually don't kill them but ONE in particular wouldn't go away and yes, I'm ashamed to say, I squished him. He looked MEAN, could have taken off a toe... all big and hairy.

Michelle

t_runner

Big grin Sorry. I once posted about bunnies I found in my backyard, did you see those? Is this better? Smile
              MUCH!! Awww, how sweet!
              And I usually don't kill them but ONE in particular wouldn't go away and yes, I'm ashamed to say, I squished him. He looked MEAN, could have taken off a toe... all big and hairy.
              And who could blame you? If I find them in the house, I do the 'I'm freaked out hand waving thing' and make my boyfriend take them outside. I don't want them to die, but I don't exactly want them near me while I'm sleeping either.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Creepy isn't it? Big grin It's living in some Butterfly Bushes behind my house.
                I think that's, like, an orb weaver or something. Big, makes very pretty webs, eats lots of mosquitos. Not allowed in my house, but left alone when found outdoors... did

The voice of mile 18

yum tasty and a good source of protien just kidding I'm pretty sure I'd do the run away arms flailing too

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I think that's, like, an orb weaver or something. Big, makes very pretty webs, eats lots of mosquitos. Not allowed in my house, but left alone when found outdoors... did
                    I didn't kill it. It was outside minding it's own business. It didn't even mind when I used the weed trimmer around it. And, if it's eating mosquitos, he can stay as long as he wants. I think I'll call him Harvey (not sure why, but he looks like a Harvey). Smile

Michelle

yum tasty and a good source of protien just kidding I'm pretty sure I'd do the run away arms flailing too
                      I'll bring him to the next race we do together and you can tell me how he tastes. Evil grin

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

speaking of races - you're doing the octoberfest this saturday? if not there is a 5k in blue bell and another in jenkintown both on sunday

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

speaking of races - you're doing the octoberfest this saturday? if not there is a 5k in blue bell and another in jenkintown both on sunday
                          I already paid for the Oktoberfest race. Which stinks because there is a fundraiser 5k for the runner who died at Broad Street. That race is in Bensalem (I used to live there) at the same time of the one in Doylestown. Sunday is a busy day for me, so odds are, I won't be doing a second race.

Michelle

Finished!

I made the mistake of not killing a black widow outside my house - I just moved her... Well, she came back. With friends. I don't mess around with them any more. Other nonvenomous (to people) spiders are welcome to stay and eat all the bugs they want tho Smile
                            Walk + Jog = wog.
                            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                              Big grin Sorry. I once posted about bunnies I found in my backyard, did you see those? Is this better? Smile The spider is only about 3 inches big, but he's a tough guy, didn't budge AT ALL no matter what I did (without actually touching him that is). There were bigger and creepier spiders in the corner of the yard in the dirt box. As I was turning over the dirt they kept running out. It was probably a funny sight, me shoveling and then all of a sudden dropping the shovel and jumping back and doing that "I'm freaked out hand waving thing". And I usually don't kill them but ONE in particular wouldn't go away and yes, I'm ashamed to say, I squished him. He looked MEAN, could have taken off a toe... all big and hairy.
                              I remember in college my roommates and I once killed a spider with a can of hairspray. It was up high in the corner of the wall/ceiling and none of us could reach it (not that we wanted to anyway) and we didn't have any Raid. So we just sprayed it till it was glue and I guess it asphyxiated. Dead Aqua Net works wonders!
                              ---- Cynthia
                                I already paid for the Oktoberfest race. Which stinks because there is a fundraiser 5k for the runner who died at Broad Street. That race is in Bensalem (I used to live there) at the same time of the one in Doylestown. Sunday is a busy day for me, so odds are, I won't be doing a second race.
                                OMG I remember seing a someone on the ground with people surrounding him when I came in to finish the race, never heard about the guy dying Sad So sad!!! As for the spider, Kallie ate a HUGE wolf spider yesterday in the basement while ken and I were working Confusedout Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson