Problem synching Handy Runner (Read 724 times)

I downloaded the Handy Runner app onto my new HTC Desire today and it looks great. I have set up a new account for myself on the site (as you can see) and I have put the same setting on the phone (email address and password) to enable them to link up.

I recorded a 'run' (actually a shopping trip in the car) and it seems to have recorded the route fine on the phone. But I am getting errors when I try to upload the file to the website.

When I click the Refresh menu button on the RA tab I get the message 'Failed to get event types'.

Also, when I try to upload my 'run' using the 'Upload to RunningAHEAD' context sensitive history menu on the History tab I get the message 'Failed to upload workout to RunningAHEAD'.

Am I doing something stupid or is the app not fully working yet?

I am having the same problem using the Android widget on my new Samsung Moment phone.  I was told to contact the developer of Handy Runner (Derek Lee-Wo) but was not provided with an email address.  Does anyone have it?
      eric :)

LucasJacks,
        I found several bugs on the server that might explain the problem you're encountering.  I will upload the fixes once testing is completed on the changes.  Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Handy Runner as Derek may have fixed similar problems in the app.
          Thanks for the update.  The latest version of HandyRunner available in the Android Market is 1.0.  The site www.handyrunner.com is just screen shots of the app.  Is there a later version than 1.0?
          derek

1.0.0 is the latest version.  I do have a version 1.1.0 that will be released soon which does have a few defect fixes

Derek

Derek

Burninated Peasant

Can I assume that the locale/time zone issue is fixed in the new release?  If not, consider this my attempt to report it.    On my Motorola Droid (I can't think of a reason why this would be device-specific, but thought I'd throw it in there anyway), the workout is uploaded to RunningAhead with a start time in UTC instead of my local time zone.
              derek

Can I assume that the locale/time zone issue is fixed in the new release?  If not, consider this my attempt to report it.    On my Motorola Droid (I can't think of a reason why this would be device-specific, but thought I'd throw it in there anyway), the workout is uploaded to RunningAhead with a start time in UTC instead of my local time zone.

Well, the GPX file that is generated and uploaded to RA *is* supposed to have all times in UTC.  If you look at the GPX file, you should see times formatted similarly to the following:

2010-04-21T10:57:50Z

Note the 'Z' at the end.

Could it be perhaps that your locale isn't set correctly within RA itself?  Go to Options->Locale Settings and ensure your "Time Offset" is correct"

Derek

Burninated Peasant

The time offset in my profile is correctly set to GMT-6 Central time, and the droid is set to use GMT-5 Central Daylight time.