Ocean Drive marathon & other races... (Read 507 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I got an application packet in the mail today. Now I have to decide... Anyone in? Thoughts?

Bring it on.

xor

I dunno about the 'other races', but I can tell you about ODM. Fun course, if you like that part of NJ. Well managed. Can be a fast course, except... ...except for the wind. It's a point to point from south to north, and the wind is 1) everpresent and 2) never from the south. It can also rain. Anyway, I enjoyed that race very much, especially the Wildwood bit (which is truly only a small chunk of the race). If I didn't live 3,000 miles away, I'd do it again.

The voice of mile 18

might be in for the ten miler. I did the ten miler years back and the wind does suck (or blow- whatever) pretty flat race but can be chilly in March

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Renee the dog

I'm in for the 10 miler. srlopez, last year, wind the whole week prior was from the South. Race day? You know it -- blowing hard from the North. And East. And West...so no relief at all. I love this race though, so unless I'm injured , I'm running it.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm still considering running the 10 miler, but this won't be my year for the full marathon.

Bring it on.

huw.richards

I'm registered for the marathon. Will be my first marathon.