Ketchup (Read 816 times)

Speaking of HFCS, I had hear about Heinz offering a "natural" ketchup without HFCS. I wrote them a short email, just one sentence asking if this product was available in my area. I got back a long and snippy response from Heinz Consumer Division saying that there is nothing wrong with HFCS, that it is a perfectly good source of carbohydrates and that there are no health problems associated with it, and so forth. Then at the very end of the email, they actually answered the question I had asked in the first place and mentioned Organic Ketchup. Customer Service sure ain't what it used to be! Roll eyes
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, the answer is... BTW, about the only Coke I drink is the version they make for the Jewish Passover that is made without HFCS (it is made with good ole fashioned sucrose = white sugar). I buy loads of it for the rest of the year. When I call Coke customer service to ask about it every year, they are typically clueless. And then it just shows up. Seriously. Post the letter here Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I don't drink much pop, but do love Dr. Pepper.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Trent pop is soda or cola or whatever you call it in your part of the world!
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
            JakeKnight

Trent pop is soda or cola or whatever you call it in your part of the world!
              Trent knew this. Trent is a smart-ass. And he probably doesn't drink pop, soda, or coke. It has unethical fructose in it. Also, he can't brew it in his bathtub.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ahhh. Down around these parts we call all the sweet bubbling beverages that we brew in our bathtubs "Coke".
                  ...about the only Coke I drink is the version they make for the Jewish Passover...
                  How does Coke fit into Passover? Modal has never heard of kosher/halal Coke.

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

During Passover, you cannot have ANY food made from (or containing ingredients made from) any grain (including rice), legume (including soy) or corn. So anything containing corn syrup or HFCS and soy lecithin is out. That includes so very very many foods that is is scary. But it is also refreshing. All week you eat nothing but natural and simple foods, few carbs and nearly nothing processed. But Coke makes their old true pre-HFCS Coca Cola. Which is pretty awesome.
                    JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

YEP. BTW, Coke is plenty Kosher/Halal the rest of the year. But that does not mean it is good for you.

Beatin' on the Rock

I just started paying more attention to HFCS on ingredient lists, and was shocked to find it on my "healthy" whole grain bread. So, I looked at every loaf in the store, and found only ONE without it!! Pepperidge Farms Whole Grain Golden Harvest Grains Big grin I bought a bunch. Cool My kids hate it. Roll eyes
                          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                            When it comes to bread, I eat Nature's Own Whole Wheat. Oroweat bread is awesome straight from the bakery.... I could probably eat more than one loaf in a sitting...

Vim

flatland mountaineer

Here is an alternative view of hfcs brought to you from us evil children of the corn. Wink http://www.hfcsfacts.com/HighlyFatteningCrappyScience.html Personally I don't do Coke, liquid or powder, never felt the need, as long as I can buy good whiskey Wink

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III