Things I don't normally like to admit... (Read 2078 times)

Go Daddy

Spongebob's "Best Day Ever" on my Sansa... ...too cheap for an iPod although I bought one for wifey and son. Ditto with dnephin on the attire issue. No clue how hats can smell worse than shirts on my bald head.
      I can't seem to spit right. I keep trying but I just make a mess! I won't even attempt a snot rocket!
        I ran a race yesterday and this stuck in my mind. Kept telling myself, "Don't save it till the end." I ended the 5K bending over heaving. Awesome. Thank you!
        Glad to help. You've all been very helpful to me, so it feels good to return the favor.
        Do bears bear? Do bees be?
        dfffff

Most of them aren't particularly shocking. That first one will change: when you're running 15-20 miles, you'll lose the cotton socks. Somewhere I have some pictures of my feet after a 14-miler years and years ago, covered in blood and blisters. Yummy. I'd run in basketball shoes before I'd give up my running socks. No single piece of equipment made a bigger impact on my running than switching to the right socks. You'll see..
          I've never found cotton socks to be of any detriment to my running. Maybe your feet suck.
          Gig

10. When I see a runner "kick" hard at the end of a race, I quietly tell myself he didn't run hard enough in the first place.
            In high school xc, I had to run a JV race, which I was pissed off about, so when I finished, I finished with a huge kick--first time ever. Coach got on me about saving too much for the end, even though I finished almost a minute before the second place guy. That haunts me every race, now. (I have many other unresolved issues as well.) I take pride every time I launch a good snot rocket. I do try, but I haven't been able to teach my legs to do temp runs, or progressive runs, and I don't do intervals particularly well. I just run. I have, on occassion, used my wife's request to do something around the house or to go somewhere as an excuse to not run when I didn't feel like running. That's not so bad, except that I then got mad at her about it. I put off buying new shoes as long as possible. It's not because I'm cheap. It's just that I like to see how low I can get the pennies per mile stat. ($0.14/mile)
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't seem to spit right. I keep trying but I just make a mess! I won't even attempt a snot rocket!
              I'm with you there. No big deal during easy runs, but after a race, my shirt always ends up covered in spitand snot that doesn't manage to clear my airspace.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

I'm with you there. No big deal during easy runs, but after a race, my shirt always ends up covered in spitand snot that doesn't manage to clear my airspace.
                I will never shake your hand... And I feel bad for your wife.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I will never shake your hand... And I feel bad for your wife.
                  Dude, the spit and snot is on my shirt, not on my hands! Either way, there are still plenty of reasons to feel bad for my wife.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I hate admitting that I dread spring/summer becasue of the deer fly/horse fly situation. When one starts orbitng my head, I turn into a freak. If anyone saw me, I would be very ashamed. I fear the deer fly, like no other.
                    I ran into this problem last summer for the first time when I moved to the suburbs. Those stupid flies followed me everywhere, biting my arms, legs, back, you name it. I have very sweet blood, too, so I always came home with multiple bumps. My first few runs were a disaster because I was all over the road, flailing my arms like a maniac to get them away from me. I soon learned to use bug spray. I must have looked like a complete spaz.

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

jck

Wow i never considered Merle on my sansa but i might have to dig into my cd collection, one of my favorites "It been a great afternoon" And nothing is better than a nose clearing snot rocket timed just right so as not to hit you shoe.
                      Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right

My Webster

oh.my.gosh. I have Spongebob's Best Day Ever on my Ipod too. I can't believe I am not the only one! Shocked
                        "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
                          That I am dislexic and have no sense of direction whatsoever.
                          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Non ducor, duco.

Sometimes Often I smell post-run clothes for another day and say, "Good enough." Not runderwear or shorts, but shirts and outerpants.
                            I have done the same and in the next second I chastised my 11 year old son for his b.o. and lack of appropriate personal hygiene. Forgive me, I have sinned. Sleepy
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

I have done the same and in the next second I chastised my 11 year old son for his b.o. and lack of appropriate personal hygiene. Forgive me, I have sinned. Sleepy
                              Oops, me, too. I don't have time enough in the day to wash my running stuff that often! My 12-year-old son is the opposite - I swear he changes clothes, including underwear, about 5 times a day. I've GOT to get him started doing his own laundry, because his takes up about 3/4 of the laundry room.
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Winter running is more conducive to running "doubles" (multiple workouts without washing the clothes) I'm secretly elitest. I encourage others a lot but not so deep down feel superior to the less serious runners. This leads to a small amount of self hatred since I'm slow and I know that many others are faster than me and are superior to me. It also leads to false modesty because when I post my times,I'll often say things like "I ran xx in such and such a time (slow, I know)", but I don't really think that'a all that slow.