Alfredson Protocol equivalent for foot extensor tendonitis? (Read 26 times)

rahblah

Does anyone know what the equivalent of the Alfredson Protocol is for foot extensor tendonitis?

I had immense success with the Alfredson Protocol for my Achilles and I'm hopeful to have the same for my extensor tendons. Thanks!

kilkee

runktrun

Just use the same principle to work the tendons/muscles in the front of your foot/ankle eccentrically.  Using a band while sitting on the floor is probably easiest.  Wrap the band over something sturdy and then over the top of your foot.  Use your good foot to assist your bad foot to dorsiflex, then move the support foot and control slow plantar flexion against the pull of the band.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

rahblah

Thank you! That makes sense. I hadn't thought to use my other foot as well.

Just use the same principle to work the tendons/muscles in the front of your foot/ankle eccentrically.  Using a band while sitting on the floor is probably easiest.  Wrap the band over something sturdy and then over the top of your foot.  Use your good foot to assist your bad foot to dorsiflex, then move the support foot and control slow plantar flexion against the pull of the band.

Luciplay

Wow, that is really interesting to read. Didn't this beforehand.