I have to give up running (Read 1416 times)

ymmv

Well running is stupid afterall.

running is not stupid. racing is stupid.

Scout7

running is not stupid. racing is stupid.

Posting in a thread started by Trent....That's where the stupid comes in.

C-R

Posting in a thread started by Trent....That's where the stupid comes in.

game, set and match.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

i sacrificed the gift

Try it on another persons cradle.  If you're lucky, it's the cradle that defected and not the watch.  Then maybe you can just replace the cradle (I have an extra one that I would send to you for the cost of shipping actually) instead of the watch.
          Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
          Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
          Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

A Saucy Wench

you tried a soft reboot, did you try a hard reboot ?  You'll lose all your saved data and stuff. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scout7

you tried a soft reboot, did you try a hard reboot ?  You'll lose all your saved data and stuff. 

I don't think kicking it across the room is going to be very helpful.

A Saucy Wench

I don't think kicking it across the room is going to be very helpful.

Hey, that's whut us perfesshunul enguhneers do when the damn computer thingy wont work.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scout7

Hey, that's whut us perfesshunul enguhneers do when the damn computer thingy wont work.

Servers tend to respond better to threats with a crowbar.  This is experience talking.

I'm afraid to say this, but I have had my 305 for over 3 years and the only problem I ever had was when Trent was standing next to it.  Remember in front of Kroger on Athlete's House run when my Garmin suddenly displayed all sorts of bizarre error messages?  It worked fine after that, and even Garmin had never heard of that error. 

We have an extra Garmin if you need to borrow one.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Is this English?

I think it's actually a rarely seen form, Nashvillian haiku.  I'm too lazy to count the syllables and confirm it.

I'm afraid to say this, but I have had my 305 for over 3 years and the only problem I ever had was when Trent was standing next to it.  Remember in front of Kroger on Athlete's House run when my Garmin suddenly displayed all sorts of bizarre error messages?  It worked fine after that, and even Garmin had never heard of that error. 

The calves have mysterious powers, it's definitely the calves.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

May be a hair-brained idea, but maybe there is some intFROference to the unit.

The Thunder

How do you do this soft reset thing?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

BeeRunB

How do you do this soft reset thing?

throw it against the wall lightly

Since June.  I cannot send it back unless they give me permission to. 

Call them.. they'll RMA it and give you a new one.  I replaced 3 in the first year.  Their warranty department is excellent... probably because they deal with these issues.  A lot. 

Surprised you made it 5 months before the first Garmin death. 

When it dies out of warranty, buy a Polar.

No seriously, do a search of your problem at garmin.com, they'll then tell you what to do. Usually you have to connect the gramin to the computer and then do some sort of reset while at garmin.com.

I've had to do that twice in the life of my 205.