I have to give up running (Read 1416 times)

GST

Call them.. they'll RMA it and give you a new one.  I replaced 3 in the first year.  Their warranty department is excellent... probably because they deal with these issues.  A lot. 

Surprised you made it 5 months before the first Garmin death. 

When it dies out of warranty, buy a Polar.

I've had my Garmin a year with no problems. 

Which is good, so I don't have to give up running.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prediction: Poisonivy will give up running forever on November 22, 2009 at about 8:12 am.
        So the story goes before garmin devices were invented, people used to run, train and race. I don't know if there is much truth to this myself, or it's just some old folk tale, but that's what I've heard.
        PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Evidence to support that outrageous assertion?

Tiefsa

This is crazy to say and all, but sometimes I run without a watch ON PURPOSE!  Especially when I want to go slow. 

Also, even though it is tempting, I don't enter in mileage when I am racing my four year old around the house.  (I've got to get the wheel from school to measure it) 

Imminent Catastrophe

So the story goes before garmin devices were invented, people used to run, train and race. I don't know if there is much truth to this myself, or it's just some old folk tale, but that's what I've heard.

But only on the track. Otherwise, how could you know how far you ran?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just use a tape measure. You want one with a spring retracter, so that after you hook it in the ground, you just run til it is nearly fully extended, then you give it a jerk to send a wave down it to dislodge it, and it will zoom back up and wind itself right up, and you can start again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

GST

Prediction: Poisonivy will give up running forever on November 22, 2009 at about 8:12 am.

Thank you for the vote of confidence that I'll make it to the start! 

Hi I'm Buckeye and I am a Garmin Addict!

But I am Proud to say .... I have about kicked my Garmin habit.

In past 2 months, I have used garmin maybe 3 - 4 times and two of those were races.  I actually brought to 5k this weekend and it was dead and was just like "oh well".  Just run without the garmin 3 - 4 times and its like any other habit ... you will live without it. 

Next time I wear it will probably be Marathon 12/12, just because IU don't trust myself blowing up the first 10 - 13 miles.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

I sent a support request.

The reset did nothing.

The pins are shiny and clean.

I don't even get the battery charging message.

mine did that a a few weeks ago. A new 310xt though seems to have no such problems (yet) and the battery lasts a long, long time.

I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My Garmin 305 does not connect with the cradle.  The pins are clean.  All the wires are connected properly.  It worked yesterday.  A soft reset did nothing.

It was the cradle.  A new cradle from Garmin, free no less, fixed the problem.

Big grin

MrH

fixed the problem.

The problem with the cradle.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Doesn't your iTouch have GPS logging capabilities?

Vim

Lazy idiot

It was the cradle.  A new cradle from Garmin, free no less, fixed the problem.

Big grin

They thought mine was the cradle, so they shipped me a new one (free no less).  They were wrong, turns out it was the USB cable.  I switched to another cable of the same type, good as new.

I can un-quit running.  Hey... just in time.

Tick tock

#artbydmcbride

Whew!   Thank goodness ya'll can keep running after all!  Smile

Runners run