2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

Mostly harmless

First time qualifier here with a BQ - 7:20, patiently waiting for Friday and will be staying at Loews Boston.

Congrats!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hmm... I wasn't planning on it. And I've been avoiding this thread. Hmm... Dang it!

Liz

pace sera, sera

rhammett

I've only run it once (2013) and I had an awful run so I want to try and redeem myself. The downside is my anniversary falls around race day every year and my wife is against spending our anniversary at a race again. I told her we could change our anniversary date or renew our vows to have a new date, but she just gave me 'that look.' Smile

jfa

First time qualifier here with a BQ - 7:20, patiently waiting for Friday and will be staying at Loews Boston.

Welcome! And nice shirt. I have one of those. 10-10-10

In on Monday.

BQ - 40something.

Hopefully I won't be stupid and can make it to the starting line.

Ready, go.

Yeah, I realize we don't have to stay near the finish, but we'd really prefer it for the whole manic Boston hoopla experience. But I just remembered that I stopped running marathons two marathons ago, so maybe it's for the best.

TONS - you can stay with me in the burbs.......?

Ready, go.

In a GLRR singlet?

In on Monday.

BQ - 40something.

Dreamn

Hi Tara!!

In on Monday.

BQ - 40something.

TONS - you can stay with me in the burbs.......?

Thanks, TARS, but it looks like no Boston this year. Or, I mean, ever again. Since I quit marathongs. After New York. Or whatever.

Lolz.

bhearn

Since I quit marathongs. After New York. Or whatever.

Now don't be ridiculous. You still have time to come to your senses.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Now don't be ridiculous. You still have time to come to your senses.

Yes, this.

steph  

SILENCE!

Sayhey! MM#130

I'm going......and to Fenway as well.  Just a glutton!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

LRB

First timer, BQ - 10:05. I'll be staying in Cambridge. It was either that or sell my car. I like my car.

First timer, BQ - 10:05. I'll be staying in Cambridge. It was either that or sell my car. I like my car.

Hell yeah!

Number 4 for me, gonna be a couple blocks from TD Gahden.