2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

Mostly harmless

Yeah my 2:27 stings a little...

That has to sting a lot. I'm really sorry.

If you decide to go the charity bib route, I'm in for $25.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

taratru

Yeah my 2:27 stings a little...

Ugh.  I'm sorry.

My BQ - 1:07 wasn't even close this time, not that I thought it had a chance. Fortunately, I've sworn off doing marathons anymore... Although I suppose I could now go back and run the Lake Wobegon Trail again in the spring instead. Yeah, maybe that's what I'll do... (must resist)

I'm going to Boston (BQ - 7:20) but I'll be back at Lake Wobegon also for my 5th time.

Cyberic

Got my acceptance card in the mail yesterday. It says to search for my name in the "Entrants" page. I can't find that on www.baa.org. Anyone care to point me to the probably obvious, please?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Cyberic

bap

Marathons are soooo 2010 

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

Julia1971

We're something like 20 weeks out, so I thought I'd update the main page.  A little nudge for those of you who haven't started training.  Smile

What training plans are people using?  Or, are you winging it?

I'm going to have an abbreviated training cycle.  I'm running CIM on Sunday and will want a few weeks for recovery.  I broke up with Pfitz and followed a Hansons plan this go around.  If I PR, I'll use them again.  If not...  Wait.  No.  I will PR on Sunday.

DukeDB

I'm planning to follow something like the BAA Advanced / Level Four plan, with a group of Boston runners from my club (MCRRC).  Lots of Capital Crescent Trail to Rock Creek/Beach loop runs out of Bethesda, with the National Zoo, Tilden, and some of the others standing in for Newton.  We start the first week in January and that seems close.  I'm in a six week hiatus from running while I go through EPAT treatment for Plantar Fasciitis.  Seems to be working but I doubt the cross training is enough (are deepwater running, biking, and rowing cross training when you don't run?).  2015 was a disappointing year, hope to close it out by getting back to 35 mpw as quickly as is safe.

FSBD

I have now reached the stage where I am regretting not signing up.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Julia1971

I'm planning to follow something like the BAA Advanced / Level Four plan, with a group of Boston runners from my club (MCRRC).  Lots of Capital Crescent Trail to Rock Creek/Beach loop runs out of Bethesda, with the National Zoo, Tilden, and some of the others standing in for Newton.  We start the first week in January and that seems close.  I'm in a six week hiatus from running while I go through EPAT treatment for Plantar Fasciitis.  Seems to be working but I doubt the cross training is enough (are deepwater running, biking, and rowing cross training when you don't run?).  2015 was a disappointing year, hope to close it out by getting back to 35 mpw as quickly as is safe.

I will probably pass you at some point on the trail!  I see the hoards of MCRRC runners on the CCT all the time.  I'm always impressed by how many people you all have out there.  I run with the Washington Running Club and we do a lot of those routes, too.

Updated the first page because I didn't realize the jacket is out, for the women anyway:

Dreamn

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about the jacket.  I initially hated it when I first saw it, but it's not THAT bad.  It reminds me of My Little Pony.  I showed a friend, who knows nothing about Boston or running, the picture that Julia posted and she said that it reminds her of a unicorn.   Too funny that she would say that.  Mission accomplished, I guess?

My only goal at this point is to re-BQ so that I can go back in 2017 with a friend.  I'd like a PR, but we'll see what winter training holds.  I'm doing my own program, loosely based on Hudson and plan on starting the 2nd week of January.

onemile

It reminds me of My Little Pony.  I showed a friend, who knows nothing about Boston or running, the picture that Julia posted and she said that it reminds her of a unicorn.   Too funny that she would say that.  Mission accomplished, I guess?

lol I actually said the exact same thing before reading this!

bhearn

bhearn

I'm going to have an abbreviated training cycle.  I'm running CIM on Sunday and will want a few weeks for recovery.  I broke up with Pfitz and followed a Hansons plan this go around.  If I PR, I'll use them again.  If not...  Wait.  No.  I will PR on Sunday.

Can I ask why you broke up with Pfitz? I've never failed to have a good race after successfully completing a Pfitz plan. I did try Hansons, once, just for something different. Nah. No long runs? Screw that.