2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

Cyberic

Actually most of the people in this thread don't have to imagine it, they are living it. I love your enthusiasm for running Boston but I have to say I think your asking other people to fund your adventure is seriously lacking in perspective.

Well said.

Mostly harmless

I would be very interested to know how that Tenex procedure works for you.  Please keep me posted.  I have been dealing with chronic achilles issues for about 5 years.

Thanks

+1 to this.  My Achilles has been a problem for a long time.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

bhearn

Will do.

jfa

What do you folks on the right side of the country do for a tune up half for Boston?

What do you folks on the right side of the country do for a tune up half for Boston?

This one's good...

http://easternstates20mile.com/

(yes, the link does say 20 mile. There's also a half. Same event.)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

beat

Break on through

Also, this:

http://www.clubct.org/Buildup/BosBuild.html

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

mikeymike

There are many right answers but only one best answer to this question: New Bedford.

Runners run

I agree with Mikey. New Bedford is where it's at. It's not the fastest course, but you'll probably run your fastest half. I suggest hitting the hill at mile 11.5-12.5 for your cool down.

Also, didn't realize I missed some questions at the start.

This is my 6th Boston

Goal is 2:59:59

mikeymike

Oh yeah 8th Boston and my goal is to get my picture taken with Bucci in Hopkinton and in Boston.

Runners run

Julia1971

Oh yeah 8th Boston and my goal is to get my picture taken with Bucci in Hopkinton and in Boston.

I updated the table.  Smile

It looks like we got confirmation of the My Little Pony inspired Boston Marathon jacket.  I'm sure we'll learn to love it.

For me, I really don't feel that beat up from CIM so I'm planning to officially start training on Monday with some regular easy running and maybe some strides/drills.  I'll be following Hudson.  Blogged about it.  Come April, I will have tried the marathon training plan triad - Pfitz, Hansons, and Hudson.

Julia1971

RnR DC is pretty popular in the mid-Atlantic area.  It's a pretty good course - a climb in the beginning, a generous downhill in the middle, and a mostly flat finish.  And, the weather is usually good.  The only problems are that it's an RnR event so something will go wrong logistically and getting home by Metro can be a nightmare unless you leave immediately after the race.

Edited to add: the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler is 2 weeks out from Boston.  It's a great race - completely flat, great weather, and well organized.  The lottery is already over, though but there is entry for elite/seeded runners.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

RnR DC is pretty popular in the mid-Atlantic area.  It's a pretty good course - a climb in the beginning, a generous downhill in the middle, and a mostly flat finish.  And, the weather is usually good.  The only problems are that it's an RnR event so something will go wrong logistically and getting home by Metro can be a nightmare unless you leave immediately after the race.

Edited to add: the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler is 2 weeks out from Boston.  It's a great race - completely flat, great weather, and well organized.  The lottery is already over, though but there is entry for elite/seeded runners.

Yes it is.  Just watch for the raised manhole cover around mile 12 

steph  

Cyberic

Just saw the table. This will be my first Boston, and my goal right now is sub 3:15. I will be following a Hansons plan, the one in the book. Hopefully winter isn't too rough, and I do manage to follow the plan correctly.

rmcj001

Ok, for the table 1st Boston, 3:35 for target time and ad-hoc for training plan 

Thanks!

Ray

Julia1971

Yes it is.  Just watch for the raised manhole cover around mile 12 

And, H St. is pretty treacherous now with the streetcar.

It's character building!  Run that race enough times and nothing phases you.  Smile