Pearl Izumi Peak XC (Read 432 times)

I can get a pair for half price....Has anybody ever run in these? Do they have good traction? Would they be any good in the snow?

Peak XC

I'm looking to pickup a light weight shoe for winter races. I almost killed myself running a race in flats in a snowstorm last year. Foolishly I pre-registered for a bunch of winter races. I'd like to avoid last years fiasco, but don't want to go the yak trax route.

I can get a pair for half price....Has anybody ever run in these? Do they have good traction? Would they be any good in the snow?

Peak XC

I'm looking to pickup a light weight shoe for winter races. I almost killed myself running a race in flats in a snowstorm last year. Foolishly I pre-registered for a bunch of winter races. I'd like to avoid last years fiasco, but don't want to go the yak trax route.

I would say they are not the best for snow but man I have loved both pair of my Peak XC.  For half price I would buy them and save them for when the snow melts at the very worst.  If the racesa are not extremely long distances then you should be fine with good socks.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Thanks Boomer...

I pulled the trigger and bought them...Worst case I can always add screws to them so they get better traction in snow and ice..plus when winter is over I have a nice pair of trail/XC shoes

In my opinion if you like the cumulus then the peak xc will be pretty wel received.  It is an easy shoe to want to go fast in.  I have worn mine for 5ks as well as marathons.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

TSG

These are a great shoe for all kinds of conditions.  I have run every trail distance in them, including 2 Leadville 100s in the shoes.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing that without a lot of training in them ahead of time, but the point is that they work.

The durability is pretty good but to make a shoe that light they can wear a bit faster than a heavier shoe.  I have never worn out the outsole but instead have gone through the uppers.  That is to be expected given the nature of trail running.