Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) ships 10-26 (Read 633 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If you're planning to buy a Mac, wait a week and a half so you get it with the new OS.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ok, turns out if you bought one after 10/1 that shipped with 10.4, you can get 10.5 for $9.95 (instead of $129) http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prophet!

the 26th...that's practically November. Oh well, i guess i'll hold out for 10 more days. Any clues on whether there will be hardware upgrades on the units or just strictly the new OS
        Jeffrey

Pre-ordered. Big grin
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

the 26th...that's practically November. Oh well, i guess i'll hold out for 10 more days. Any clues on whether there will be hardware upgrades on the units or just strictly the new OS
            I haven't seen anything about hardware recently, other than rumors of some sort of Mac mini replacement. The iMac was just refreshed in August, so there won't be anything there. Though my guess is that if there's something radical, it'll be unveiled at Macworld in January.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In 10 days, I will order my iMac. Big grin
              PWL

Has been

What's Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)? Is it like Windows Vista, the super cool operating system from Microsoft? Evil grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apparently Microsoft is letting people who bought computers with Vista installed on them downgrade to XP or 2000 since Vista has not really lived up to expectations but yet somehow has slowed the operating system down even more. More pain, no gain? OS X.5 even runs on a lightweight iPod...
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Any clues on whether there will be hardware upgrades on the units or just strictly the new OS
                    Well, the ol' Apple rumor mill is picking up steam. Engadget reports that a new laptop will be unveiled to coincide with the release. Personally, I'm calling BS on this one, but if it's true, watch for it next Tuesday, as that will be a few days before Leopard, and most new product releases are on Tuesdays.

If you can't wait...9.95 after rebate Leopard Mac OS X with the purchase of select hardware. Also, fatwallet has a 1.5% discount at MacMall. modal (who is waiting for his 42" wall mountable iMac) Oops didn't notice Jeff's earlier post!

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

madness baby

Apparently Microsoft is letting people who bought computers with Vista installed on them downgrade to XP or 2000 since Vista has not really lived up to expectations but yet somehow has slowed the operating system down even more. More pain, no gain?
                        There's nothing like offering a free downgrade. I love it when they do that. Confused I got the email yesterday that I can upgrade to Leopard for $69 through my work. Yes. Yes. Yes.
                        deb

Imminent Catastrophe

I think I'll wait for v10.5.1, for the inevitable bug fixes...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prophet!

Any reviews ? anybody bought new macs ? Is it pre-loaded with Leopard or does it come with upgrade discs ? I was ready to buy a new Imac but had a little financial roadblock.