2014 Goals / Resolutions (Read 360 times)

CT JEFF

Hey - I did 1 FM in 2013, my first. In 2014, Ive already paid for 3 marathons (plus the processing fee for NYC, but dont expect to get into that this year) I have every race Id like to run planned out, and I will probably sign up for 3 or 4 in December (low prices). Im hoping my 7 yo will be interested in doing a 5k with me next year. He has done 1 mile races at 6 yo. Oh- and I plan to lose more weight. 10# minimum. Goal is 30#.

What are your 2014 Goals?

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Oh what a great idea for a thread! I loooooooove New Year's Resolutions!

My overarching goal for 2014 is to obtain a sense of comfort and mastery of the half-marathon distance.  I ran my first two this fall and have fallen in love with that distance.  I plan to run 2 in the winter/spring of 2014 and 2 more in the fall. I also hope to run 3-4 10Ks and maybe a couple 5Ks.  I am not quite up to Jeff's system of planning out precisely which races I'm going to run though; THAT is impressive.

Once I feel like a real half-marathoner, maybe I will think about training for my first full marathon in 2015.

I can't wait to read everyone else's goals and resolutions!

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

Is it that time of the year already??? Wink

My desire is to "maintain" over the winter, so that I can run a half, in the spring. I would also love to build-up to a full marathon by next fall. I also intend to beat my prior PRs at 5k and 10k, and possibly attempt to beat my 15k PR, (if I find a good race to run). Right now I am still fighting a cold, that I caught, (or it caught me), while I was running a local Thanksgiving 15k Galloping Gobbler race.

Good luck to everyone,

yodelz

Mr. Bad Example

New Half Marathon PR. (1st attempt on March 16th). Run at least 10 trail races. That's all for now.

Evolving body parts

Where to begin?

1. Drop 15 lbs (of course)
            2. Run my first HM race (already signed up and paid for, no backing out)
            3. Run more consistently and go beyond 2400 km (1500 mi)
            4. Avoid injuries 
            5. Resolve conflict between (3) and (4)
            6. Get my kids (15 and 11) join me at least once a week...
            7. ... and keep up with them

delicate flower

1)  BQ (3:12 would be nice)

2)  Sub 1:30 HM

3)  PR the 5K and 10K

3)  2500 miles

4)  Don't tear an ACL

<3

1. Sub-3:40 marathon (BQ-15)

2. Sub-1:42 half (NYCMQ)

3. 2750 miles

4. Remain healthy and continue to enjoy running as much as I do now

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

catwhoorg

Labrat

Spring: Wave A Peachtree time. (been trying since 2012, I'm now within 40 secs for the HM time.)

Autumn: Marathon time that lines closer with my HM time. (My marathon PR is stupidly soft now. I'll tighten this up mid-year but lets say 3:45 for now)

Probably will complete another couple of tri's to build experience. I would love to get up to a Half Ironman.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Chris Melvin

Finish every race in the Lynchburg Ultra Series, strong!

Adapted from Dorrie in Finding Nemo: Just keep running.  Just keep running...

Secondarily, I'm looking for 60 minute 10K (or similar 5-7 mile result, as there aren't many 10Ks to choose from) and then moving on to a longer distance.

joescott

4)  Don't tear an ACL

+1.  :-)   I might add:  Don't damage cartilage in the bad knee.

Otherwise, I'm thinking not to put down any goals for 2014.  Whenever I go public with goals I seem to perform spectacularly bad, but if I just kinda fly low and take things as they come good things occasionally happen.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Tim_Easterday

Spring: Wave A Peachtree time. (been trying since 2012, I'm now within 40 secs for the HM time.)

Me too. I would be in Wave B based on this year's races but I think I can get to Wave A with a fast 5K. Looking at a race in Kennesaw next February.

Other than that I just want to complete my first marathon in November 2014, and stay injury free.

catwhoorg

Labrat

The Locomotive 5K ?  That is a fast course. I'll be shooting for my time in the HM

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Tim_Easterday

Yep

The Locomotive 5K ?  That is a fast course. I'll be shooting for my time in the HM

runlikeagirI

Tim, I've heard that this race rivals Vinings when it comes to fast courses.. .I've never done either one of them, so take that for what it's worth, hahaha.   It's next weekend, guessing that may be a little close for you... http://www.active.com/atlanta-ga/running/races/the-fast-fun-phidippides-5k-2013