Best Earbuds for running (Read 6457 times)

btb1490

The Sennheiser PMX80's are the shit. I was completely devoted to the earbuds and wouldn't even think about using this style until I got a pair for free (long story.) Now I'm completely converted. I never have to think about these slipping or falling out or anything. Once I start running I never touch them, period. They are on sale for around 31 bucks at Amazon right now.

Gotta agree here.  Nothing else I've tried even comes close to these.  And the cord doesn't get tangled up.  I've recommended these to a few people, and they've all loved them.

GWTdsmia

I've tried ear buds but they drive me nuts. The sweat causes one side or the other to drown out the sound. I use pads that go over my ears.

Cool Jump Suit

Gotta agree here.  Nothing else I've tried even comes close to these.  And the cord doesn't get tangled up.  I've recommended these to a few people, and they've all loved them.

I just bought a pair from Ebay.  Hopefully I will like them as much as you!

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Never tried them, but they look interesting:

Yurbuds

My wife and I each bought a pair of these and they really work very well!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Cool Jump Suit

I recently got the Sennheiser PMX-80 behind-the-neck headphones and love them, Never fall out, nice sound. Rinse under the tap.

Just got mine tonight!  Wore them around the house a bit and they feel great.   Will try them on my run tomorrow....cannot wait!

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

she runs like a girl

I used to have a problem with earbuds fall out and I find that the earbuds that come with the ipod are the worst for it.

I switched to these:

Skull candy ink'd - they have removable ear pieces - the translucent white things that come in three different sizes so you can pick the ones that fit your ear.
              They actually stay in well no matter how sweaty I seem to get!

The best part is the price - they usually go on sale for $12.99 in Canada and for 5 dollars extra (At "The Source") there is a killer warranty where they will replace them up to 3 times if anything goes wrong - including slamming them in a car door, water damage or cut in half.

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
                Sennheiser CX-300II. They come three sizes of the in ear rubber bits for a good fit.

I use the smallest size to get make sure they get in nice and deep. No problems with

them falling out, even when sweating heaps.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Rob

Slice

After searching for years, I'm in love with Yurbuds. I have teeny tiny ears and I think one ear canal may even be a bit misshapen.  Yurbuds are the ONLY thing that's ever worked for me. Ever.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mbutler

I would recommend yurbuds. ( www.yurbuds.com ) I use mine for my runs and they are great. Really comfortable and never fall out. They are custom fit silicon buds that fit over most earbud style headphones. Plus they are only $20. Just a recommendation.
                      Chris T

Do the Yurbuds block out all sound around you like the in-the-ear canal ones do or can you still hear what's going on around you to a degree?
                        ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

You can still hear

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                          Ride 112 miles.
                          Run 26.2 miles.
                          Then brag for the rest of your life.
                          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

mbutler

Do the Yurbuds block out all sound around you like the in-the-ear canal ones do or can you still hear what's going on around you to a degree?

You can still hear so they are safe for running outdoors

Chris T

Gracias, you two. I'm gonna give them a shot.

+1

Best headphones I've ever used.  I love Sennheisers... I have 4 different pair for various uses.