If you're an athlete; Id love your opinions. (Read 665 times)

Jaison

In a class this semester I've been asked to do a research assignment that profiles other athletes. Can anyone spare a couple minutes to answer my survey? This is a VERY basic survey to analyze your lifestyle, motivations and everyday interactions. All responses will be used anonymously. Thanks, Jaison Please copy and paste in a new browser if you'd like to participate. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Cz60jpHnh6Mf2CU2CzJ4Vg_3d_3d
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What are all the questions and how many are there? (I took a look, but it only shows one at a time, and I can't tell if there are 5 questions or 5000, so I bailed out.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Certifiably Insane

Skip it. It's sold as a '5 minute survey on athletes.' About 15 minutes into question after endless question on the subtle nuances of small talk, I lost patience with it. Since he has no history or profile on the board, I think he signed up for the sole purpose of putting that survey on here.
        On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I started takign the survey before reading the other posts on teh thread. I made it through 20 questions that were vague and poorly written. Got bored then I bailed.

Certifiably Insane

Yeah, that was exactly my impression, too, Mr. Inertia. . There were a few good questions in there, but most were so vague I had to write a whole paragraph of "if it's this, then..." to cover most of the situations. And analyzing small talk six ways to Sunday got old real quick. Plus, a good number of the questions seemed to be geared to professional athletes. They'd make a lot more sense if we were pro football or basketball players, who's game was their only life and livelihood. I honestly don't think it was someone who had ever been on the board before, or ever will be again. I think he found it by searching for sports-related boards, joined just to post it, and moved on to the next board.
            On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Course we could fill a couple entries as ostrich runners...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Course we could fill a couple entries as ostrich runners...
                I think I'll be a cheetah, instead.
                  I can just see the lovely survey answers What is your primary motivation for running? o1: stay alive c1: food