Garmin no longer Syncing (Read 2334 times)

Let me start by saying that I have never had a problem uploading my GPS data from the Garmin ANT

I just tried to upload my data and the system stayed stuck on "Searching for Connected GPS device."  I verified that the PC sees the ANT and that my Garmin 405 was able to sync with the ANT.  i dont know why RunningAhead can't find it.

Here's the trace:

Searching for GarminActiveXControl

found GarminActiveXControl

Plugin version: 2.9.3.0

Unlocked plugin

plugin.finishFindDevices() completed

Thanks!

eric :)

I'm not familiar with the 405 because it uses the ANT Agent to upload the data.  Maybe someone else can pipe up about potential causes.

The strange thing is that I've never had an issue until yesterday.  RA gets hung up when looking for the ANT.  It never finds it and stays stuck with the circular icon going around and around.  I am still syncing up with the Garmin site, so I know the 405 is passing data to the ANT and the ANT is sending data to the Garrmin website.

I'm going running this afternoon and will try to sync again,  I'll let you know what happens.

Which browser are you using?  I'm guessing IE9.

IE8.  Same browser I've used in the past.

I tried syncing after today's run and the same thing happened.  I am running the 2.2.13 version of the ANT code. 

Do you see a yellow warning icon in IE's status bar?  If so, please click on it to bring up the debug dialog box.  Click the Advanced button, select and copy all the text from the debug output box and paste it here.  It's possible that there was a javascript error.

stenine

I'm having the same problem today. I'm using Firefox though, not IE.
                  cjm088

same problem!!

Even though you're experiencing the same symptoms, the underlying cause maybe different.  Without knowing your particular setup, I have nothing to go on.

stenine

Firefox version 3.6.15 ANT Agent 2.2.13 Plugin: 2.9.3 I can't seem to get any sort of a trace. It's just stuck on "Searching for Connected GPS device." It's been working for quite some time and this morning it stopped.

I am stumped with ANT agent.  Hopefully, someone with the ANT agent can chime in.  I don't have a 405 so I don't have any experience with this.  From what I know, it's probably caused by the ANT agent misbehaving.  I asked my friend who has one and he confirmed he is not having any problems so that supports the hypothesis that it's the ANT agent.  I'll do more research on the problem.

Former runner

It's still working for my 405 tonight. I'm using FF 3.6.8, ANT agent 2.2.13 and Communicator plugin 2.9.1.

I don't think the ANT agent has any direct connection with RA. I usually disconnect the USB stick after downloading the workouts to Training Center. This disables the ANT agent. The communicator plugin retrieves the .tcx files from the Garmin history folder on your computer.

I'd check that the workouts are being saved in the history folder and that the plugin is working. Garmin history is located in C : \Users\<your user>\App Data\Roaming\Garmin\Devices\<ID Number>\History

You should be able to download workouts from the history folder if the plugin is not working.

Ross

Do you see a yellow warning icon in IE's status bar?  If so, please click on it to bring up the debug dialog box.  Click the Advanced button, select and copy all the text from the debug output box and paste it here.  It's possible that there was a javascript error.

Here's what came up...is theis what you are looking for?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)
                              Timestamp: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:03:44 UTC

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
                              Line: 66
                              Char: 7
                              Code: 0
                              URI: http://www.runningahead.com/js/vendor/garmin/device/GarminPluginUtils.js

Now we're getting somewhere.  I made some changes to the script files.  Can you go to the gps import page, press Ctrl-F5 and try again?  If you see the javascript error icon, post the error message here and that should help me narrow down the possibilities.