Shaunna's ING Miami Marathon race report (Read 598 times)

Congrats!! Great report too!

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Way to go. Great report!
      pandajenn19

Congrats Shaunna!!!! And thank you for taking the time to write out the details. Smile
          Fantastic report and congratulations! That was a great read.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Think Whirled Peas

NICE RACE Shaunna!!!!! Your report is really inspiring and it sounds like you did an awesome job of having a plan, setting goals and seeing them through to fruition!!! YOU ROCK!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Thank you so much everyone! Big grin I am proud of the accomplishment, and you can definitely tell I ran a marathon by the silly way I am walking today. Smile Modal, here's the link to the video I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_sHBgUgFP8 giddy-yup, here's a picture of me after the finish where you can see the medal. It's very "Miami". The palm tree has a bling-bling rhinestone. The palm tree spins, and the smaller inner loop spins too. (I wore it all day yesterday) Photobucket And while I'm sharing pictures, he's me being really excited to see my husband in the finishing chute. I'm giving the big "thumbs up" and "I did it!" sign! Photobucket
              Carl A

Great race--Glad that bagel worked for you!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

that is THE coolest medal!!! I'm jealous! Clowning around I just moaned, "I want one like that" and all of my boys ran over to admire it. Big grin Congrats again!

Jennifer mm#1231

Great job and great report! I'm always amazed at people like you who still look super cute after running a marathon Smile
                    Heroes never die. They just reload.

madness baby

Great job and great report! I'm always amazed at people like you who still look super cute after running a marathon Smile
                      I agree with Daisy! Congrats on a great race Shaunna. Thanks for sharing your report. Wink
                      deb
                        Congrats Shaunna! What an awesome accomplishment.. and a nifty medal at that. Big grin
                        Ringmaster

Shaunna, thanks for the fantastic, uplifting, inspiring race report. Please don't apologize for its length--it's reports like that that encourage the rest of us to run our own races and help us tweak our own preparation, especially those of us training in similar climates. I'm three weeks out from the Fort Lauderdale half. I hear the finisher's medal (my first, if I earn it!) will be in the shape of a seashell. Here's to those cheesy Florida medals, and all the silly walks we may sport the day after. Congratulations on a race well run! Big grin

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

You'll ruin your knees!

Shaunna, Woot...holy mother of woot! Woot! Bling-woot-bling! All that and a woot! Great job on the race, too! Clowning around Congrats on your first marathon...you will absolutely never forget it! Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking time to document it for the rest of us...woot, I say! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congratulations Shaunna!! Awesome race report and great time for your first marathon! You've inspired me for mine!
                                CONGRATULATIONS Shaunna!! What an accomplishment. I *loved* reading your report, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. You did it!! *WOOT WOOT!!*