Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

kcam

I can't tell you how excited I am about Boston this year. I'm more excited than the years I've run it seeing as how I can just sit back and take it all in without having to chug up those Newton hills. I'll be cheering for everybody on the RA crew as well as Ryan and Kara. Go runners!
      ken, you make it sound so fun to "chug up those Newton hills". I "really" can't wait til heartbreak hill.. Thanks Big grin
        Hall doesn't have to beat 1 Cheruiyot, he's got to be 3!! The one that's one Boston 4 times, and one of them won Chicago last year...
        bhearn

Weight was auspicious this morning for 2: xx: xx -- 159.8. That's the first time I've seen 15x.x since 2001 (briefly), I think, and before that ~1987. I think I'm probably the only one trying this, but if anyone else is interested in a Boston paceband for a slight negative split, here's what I settled on: Pdf at http://www.hearn.to/paceband.pdf
            You guys aren't preoccupied with this marathon are you? Hey, I'll tell you, this is about as exciting of a Boston as I can remember. I probably wouldn't sleep for 3 days if I was in you guys' shoes. We've got some very fit horses in this stable and I'm looking forward to Monday to see 'em all run. Good luck to all of you!
            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
            DoppleBock

Great day to run 1/2 marathon 54F at start low 60s at finsih - light winds. Course was flatish, but a few cross country sections and a few sidewalks and about 3 miles of gravel trail (Yuck) Midwest sporting events is a for profit organization that puts on 3-4 runs and 5-6 dualatholans and triatholons. Gloria - owner. Gloria is great at promoting and good at runnig events. The key irritation is they are certified courses, but the invidual mile markers are way off - so just go by feel. I felt decent at start and about 6:20-6:22 pace. Didn't feel strong in the middle and felt good at the end. Ran right around 1:24 give or take a few seconds. Not as strong as I would have like, but I did have more than 93 miles this week at the start. I still have an outside chance @ 2:50 for marathon in 4 weeks - but its a long shot. 10 Point Fury Brown beers afterward - So good - Plus some chicken wings and pasta sald. Fun day - Just a bit slow.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Are we there yet?

I still have an outside chance @ 2:50 for marathon in 4 weeks - but its a long shot.
                I did a HM here in Charlotte this morning and it was a rather hilly course but I was pleased. I knew I would PR 1:24:33 because my old HM was from 2003 (1:28). I did not have 93 on my mileage this week so I cannot relate Dopple. But I can relate with the feeling about having a long shot for a 2:50 so I'll be content with a sub 3hr in 5 weeks for my marathon. My plan is to run the first half at about 1:27:00 and then hold on for dear life on the second. Still feels like a long-shot. THANKS TO Jim24315 FOR GIVING ME THE ADVICE TO UP MY WEEKLY MILEAGE.

Right on Hereford...

Dopple Bock, nice work in your half, considering your anti-taper! ChakaKahn, way to get that huge PR. Nice. MTA: Good luck to everyone in Boston on Monday. I have the day off work. Big grin
                  flovesparko

Great races Dopple Bock and Chaka!!
                    flovesparko

Mikeymike is done at Boston with a great time of 2:54
                        Wow! Way to go Mikey, and for those still out there Bhearn was a little behind pace, until he cranked out a 6:37 pace between 35B-40K! Bob, you are amazing! Dcv is in with a big shot too, as is dacook.
                        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Bhearn - 2:59:38 with the headwind and all!! Big grin

Runners run

flovesparko

Great job to these guys!!!!!!!!! bhearn 2:59:38, dacook 2:57:33, dvc2002 2:58:42
                              bhearn - 2:59:38 dcv2002 - 2:58:48 dacook - 2:57:33 A big congratulations to all you guys. I am very impressed!
                                Outstanding. Congratulations to everyone who ran. That's a nice bump to the graduates list and a new 'closest without going over' award for bhearn - 2:59:38. John
                                Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.