Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

DoppleBock

DaCook - Yeeeha!! Congrats - From your handle - I figured out who you are - Success!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Lane

Racon2r - Kick ass! Recover well Whats next?
      Track practice starts on the 27th. Though I don't know how much I'll be able to do. I hope to run the 1500m.
        DaCook - Yeeeha!! Congrats - From your handle - I figured out who you are - Success!
        Thanks DB! It was touch and go for a while, but managed to hang on for a 2:58:12. 25th overall, 2nd in age group. Great weather today, still not enough oxygen around here. More details in a couple of days (having ISP issues).
        Dave
        "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
        --- Clarence DeMar

King of Sparta

Well done to both Racon2r and dacook - great running!
          2008 Goals:
          - Sub 1:00 10 mile
          - Sub 3:00 marathon
            A big congrats to Dave "dacook" (2:58:12), and Lane "Racon2r" 2:53:25 on their graduations yesterday. Outstanding!
            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Right on Hereford...

Way to go, you guys! Very inspiring.
                Week ending Oct 19: Mon – 8 miles on grass loop at 8:20 pace Tue – 7 the grass at 8:34 Wed – 12 miles including 3 x 1600 on track (6:28, 6:25, 6:21) Thu – 7 at 8:25 on grass Fri – 8 more on the grass at 8:25 Sat -4 on dirt track at 9:00 Sun – 16 including Humboldt Half Marathon in 1:24:36. Splits varied quite a bit due to rolling course. Mini report in log. Total – 62 miles
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Bruno

Hey, I've been lurking in this thread for a little too long now. I was too chicken to join in for fear of jinxing myself, but This past Sunday I ran the Grand Rapids Marathon in 2:57:25. This is a impressive group of runners in this thread and on this site in general. Thanks for all the excellent insight that you all offer in your posts! Big grin Bruno
                  DoppleBock

Nice job Bruno 28 My week in review was a wierd one - Post marathon - I do not plan - I just run M 5 / 5 Done - Recovery pace T 15 / 4 - Done - Easy Pace W 5 / 6 - Done recovery Pace TH 5/5/5 - done - out of energy - I was to do more at night F 15/5 with 5x5 minutes @ CV (Nice work out) SA 7/5 easy pace SU 42 @ 8:00 minute mile pace (Trying to stay in ultra shape) Total = 129 in 14 runs - Total in the books! Now its time to start the taper again Big grin

I was too chicken to join in for fear of jinxing myself
                      I can totally relate to that! I probably would not have joined if I hadn't already shot my mouth off at some club runs. In retrospect, it was a bit liberating to have others aware of my goal. I found myself not wanting to disappoint others... Congrats on going sub3 Bruno!
                      Dave
                      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                      --- Clarence DeMar
                      DoppleBock

Looks like its Kencamet Daithiwk your turn in the barrel Good luck ! May you have fair weather and following winds and you get the best time you can for your current ability! Just remeber you can not acheive your goal in the 1st part of the race, but you can hurt yourself in the 1st part - No redline until the last 6.2! How is everyone elses training / tapering going? I know I graduated on October 11th, but can you add me to the calander for 11/2 Trails to Rails Marathon as I hope to go sub 3:00 again. This one will be much tougher as I am not going to taper much. Good running to all -

King of Sparta

Thanks DB! Weather's looking ok for Dublin on Monday - gale force winds and driving rain today, but meant to be gone over the weekend. Plan is 1:29:30 first half and 1:29:00 second. We'll see what happens.... Good luck Kencamet.
                          2008 Goals:
                          - Sub 1:00 10 mile
                          - Sub 3:00 marathon
                          kcam

Locked and loaded! Thanks for the luck - I'll need some! My race is a out and back, with minor detours so you don't run the EXACT same course on the way back, with the first half being uphill, steep short uphill at 13 and slightly less steep, slightly longer uphill at 15.5, then "it's all downhill from there", as they like to say out on the course! http://www.svmarathon.com/index2005a.html?marathon.html (click 'course elevation') My plan is to go out at goal pace (6:50-6:55) with the hope of having something left in the legs on the return trip to take advantage of the downhill - hoping for a negative split. Weather is usually GREAT for marathoning though this week is not looking as good as usual. Race starts at 7AM and this morning the temp was about 58 deg at 7AM. Forecast is for the same through the weekend. I figure it'll probably be ~70ish and very sunny by 10AM. That's a little warmer than I'd like but not plan-changing. Good luck Monday, daithiwk. I take it Monday is a holiday in Ireland?

Right on Hereford...

Good luck, Ken! And fix your marathon goal in your sig, for crying out loud!
                              kcam

Good luck, Ken! And fix your marathon goal in your sig, for crying out loud!
                                Lol! I DID set that goal back in December AND I haven't yet hit it. Maybe, just maybe, if everything goes right I can 'fix' it on Sunday.