Inspiational Running Phrases (Read 10634 times)

Saw this on a shirt at the Marine Corps Marathon - At mile 20 I thought I was dead. At mile 22 I wished that I was dead. At mile 24 - I knew that I was dead At mile 26.2 - I knew that I had become too tough to kill. I had that in my office for a few months after that. Happy running, Kevin
    Don't let the fat fool you .....

I love the runner vs jogger debates because I have a very simple definition that I like to use that is hard to argue with. It comes from George Sheehan: The difference between a runner and a jogger is an entry blank.
      When the going gets tough, sprinters quit.
      Heh, that quote back fired on me once. My version of it was, "When the going gets tough, the sprinters go home." The coach had to leave early one day during indoor track practice (we ran up and down a ramp between our school and the gym) and it's a pain in the ass to do any real work in there. After I lapped all of the sprinters a few times they started 1 by 1 sneaking into the locker room to change and get out. When I called them out, they just threw my favorite quote back in my face and said it was time to go home. Heheh.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)