Who doesnt listen to music while running? (Read 3009 times)

Music on the dreadmill is a must, for me.  When running outside, generally I go commando...wait, what was the question?

IMKY13 finish!!

When/where?

When I run with A1, I run with music.  Particularly after he has eaten cold chili from a can.

Won't a gas mask be better than the music?? Confused

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

With the cold and windy weather I've resorted to the treadmill at the gym for the last few weeks. My regular dri-fit shirts feel a bit warm as they don't have fans by the treadmills, so I acquired a couple of singlets. I have a plain white one, that if combined with a headband and some knee-length shorts would look pretty 'old school'. 

But old school is not necessarily bad, is it? Cool

I have my own TM, so the only one looking at me while runnig is my husband. He doesn't care what I wear on my head as long as I wear my running skirt on my behind. Big grin

MrH

But old school is not necessarily bad, is it? Cool

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I kinda like it.

Not this one tho:

[img]http://www.shrani.si/f/1Y/im/2wqHxLM1/2409926631f0e2c27808.jpg[/img]

Oh, sorry, I obviously don't know how to post a picture.

With the cold and windy weather I've resorted to the treadmill at the gym for the last few weeks. My regular dri-fit shirts feel a bit warm as they don't have fans by the treadmills, so I acquired a couple of singlets. I have a plain white one, that if combined with a headband and some knee-length socks would look pretty 'old school'. 

I just run with no shirt.

That wouldn't hold me in and it barely seems to hold him in.

That wouldn't hold me in and it barely seems to hold him in.

But his earphones don't get sweat logged.

Never.  I tried it, but I just didn't like the intrusion.  I do have a few techno podcasts that have a metered rhythm , which I use for cadence purposes.  But I haven't used them in forever.  And even when I do, I only put one earphone in -- I just want to hear the bass beat anyway.

I grew up running without tunes, and I just like it better.  Nothing against those who enjoy music on runs, but I've always enjoyed the time with my thoughts more.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

protoplasm72

Never.  I suppose I would if I ran on a treadmill but I haven't done that in 6-7 years.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

I play and teach music for a living- I never listen when I run. I like ambient sound.  If I was ever forced to use a treadmill, I might reconsider.

I don't listen to music when I run. Very occasionally I watch TV when I do a treadmill run at the gym.

I very rarely listen to music.  I admit that sometimes it is good to just slap it in and go with it but most times I choose not to. 

When I do listen to music I use only one earbud.  I have 2 sets of head phones that have one of the ear pieces cut off and taped appropriatley.  I used to only have one but when I moved to Japan Ihad to add another set.  I use the ear piece in the ear that is the furthest from traffic.  I always (almost always) run against traffic and in the states that leads me to use the left ear bud so my right ear is free to hear surrounding noises.  Traffic can sneak up on you but mostly it allows me to hear other runners, animals, and other random noises.  I will not slap in both ear buds but that is just me.  In japan traffic is on the wrong side so I had to adapt.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Prince of Fatness

Who else runs without music?

Me.

Am I the only crazy minded person?

I don't know you well enough to answer that.

Not at it at all.